“Nice quiet elegant room, good location, skip food”
Review of Guadalupe Hotel

Guadalupe Hotel
Ranked #39 of 122 Hotels in Granada
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed 3 nights in this hotel. As many people said it is a very good location for visiting the Alhambra. The room was elegant and comfortable. We enjoyed the air conditioning and taking an afternoon siesta during the hottest hours. My only complaint about the room is that the bed was made up of two twin sized beds that kept coming apart during the night and one of us was always falling into the hole between the two beds! I think this hotel would be best for a very short visit of 1 or two nights just to see the Alhambra. It is a far (hot,hot, hot) walk up and down hill to the center. There is a bus that is convenient, but I am not sure if it works at night, if you want to stay out later.
The people at the desk were generally polite and helpful. The breakfast was disappointing and we were frustrated because being up on the hill by the Alhambra there didn't seem to be a cheaper or better option. The breakfast promised orange juice, but it was not natural and was extremely sweet. Coffee was also not great.
About eating in the bar...I need to warn you, the restaurant and bar cater to tourists and tourists alone. I promise you the locals are not making the trek up the hill for the mediocre overpriced food. But, my biggest complaint is the service from the waiter who was unbelievably rude to me and my husband. We had a couple of sandwiches there the first evening and we noticed his attitude, but just brushed it off, thinking maybe he just had a bad day and he was clearly in need of some help behind the bar! But the next night when we came in and were about to order at 9:30 (normal spanish dinner time!) he actually gave us a lecture about the late hour and that we were foreigners and we were supposed to eat early and by the way we speak spanish and my husband is a native speaker and we could hear him complaining to his friend while he made our sandwiches about the "extranjeros." We would expect a lot better from someone working in the service/ hospitality industry. He could have just simply said "I am sorry the kitchen is about to close." and we would have understood.
The Italian place a couple of doors down is also very touristy, but has better food and a nicer atmosphere.

There are newer reviews for Guadalupe Hotel

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Great little hotel with a fantastic desk clerk and jack of all trades young lady. Do check the air conditioning if in summer. The views are not great unless you face the parking lot area in the front where you can see part of the Alhambra. The rooms are modern and up to date and the traffic is minimal in the street below. Plenty of shops nearby and the hotel has a full service restaurant in the #1 floor ( second floor for us Yanks). The rates are reasonable for the convenience and location; parking at the Alhambra parking lot, across the street and down a few steps. I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Third floor facing West.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2013

There are 2 things that this hotel has going for it: (1) the location next to the alhambra is unbeatable, if that is the main focus to your visit to Granada, and (2) customer can use the parking of the Alhambra.

We booked a suite, but I am not sure that is what we got. However, the room was clean and the bathroom was large wth great water pressure on the shower. The elavator is small and slow.

The hotel caters to tourist groups for lunch.

The included breakfast was the worst we had in Spain.

Overall, an adequate hotel to spend 1 or 2 nights as homebase to see the Alhambra.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Let us start with the positives: Room clean with adequate storage nice marble bathroom of adequate size. Nice wide lobby with reception staff quite fluent in English and very helpful. The Alhambra is very close. On the negatives: The small flat TV hasn't got the best resolution and some channels have bad reception, The free Wifi is not available in your room, only in the lobby. The ridiculous one is the shower head. The shower head is over the bathtub, but usually the shower head is always on the wall at the short side of the bathtub (at its width), in this bathroom the show head is on the wall on the long side of the bathtub (its length) so if you are not careful or if you open the shower too wide it will blow the curtain and you are going to end up with a bad flood and the curtain is not that long either. This can be easily remedied; just buy one of those small cheap shower head holders and stick it on the wall at the width side of the bath tub. I stayed there for only two nights, the shower head definitely makes your showering quite unpleasant. Some felt pads under the chair legs would be welcomed to avoid the noise it makes on the floor when it gets moved. Apart from that, I have enjoyed staying there as my main aim was to visit the Alhambra.

Room Tip: Choose one with a bathroom with the shower head not on the wrong side.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Bluering73
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night on a friend's recommendation as it was close to the Alhambra Palace. We had a lovely room with the biggest bed I have ever seen and a beautiful bathroom. We did eat here on the evening and to be honest it wasn't really to my taste but there was nothing wrong with it. The staff were friendly and very helpful. As soon as we checked in they gave us a map and told us how to get our Alhambra tickets. I would recommend this to anyone visiting the palace , you couldnt be closer.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We had booked through booking.com and got a shocker when we saw the room. It was as tiny was a match box with a double bed occupying more than 80% of the room. It was not in the main building were the reception is there, but a few blocks away. I would blame this fiasco on the my hasty booking. But forget the room size, the room was dirty with worn out furniture. The a/c was not working at all, when brought to notice of the hotel staff at reception, he avoided the situation saying the repair guy will come back tomorrow. We stayed 1 whole night without a/c. He had promised that hotel owner will call us back the next day to resolve the situation, but we never got the call. Next day a lady was at reception and she upgraded our room. The other room was great, within the main building, with a small balcony and hill view.
Only good thing about the hotel is the location, its bang opposite the Alcazar.

Room Tip: Please book the hotel room judiciously here. Make sure you get the rooms in the main building.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Galalogy
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We got a pretty cheap price to stay here. Didn't realize it was literally NEXT to the Alhambra. This is nice for the day you visit the Alhambra but to see the other parts of the city you should be prepared to walk a ways to the city center or the old part of town. My husband and I ended up walking most of the time but if you're too tired or can't make the trek, a bus stop is a 2 minute walk away or you can always take a taxi into town for about 4-5 euro.
The rooms here are a bit old but the staff is helpful.