“Not for English Speakers. Regretted walking in the door.”

La Cueva de 1900 - Reyes Catolicos, 13
Ranked #319 of 1,590 Restaurants in Granada
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stopped in here for a quick bite for lunch. We liked the fact that it was very busy with lots of locals. My son wanted a hamburger for a change. Simple and quick. However, this place was not quick and we really did regret walking in the door . There are no English menus and none of the staff know any English to help you out at all. OK, I understand that while in Spain you should try to speak the language and we do. However, a little bit of help sometimes would be good especially with a difficult menu.

We ordered our drinks and then spent the next 30 minutes going over the menu trying to work it out. We had our guide books out and language translator trying to decipher the menu . We finally worked our what we wanted and waited and waited. We ate two baskets of bread while we waited for our food to arrive. Half of it arrived and then we waited another 30 minutes for the two hamburgers to arrive. The waiter did apologise and I know they were busy.

Food was OK nothing special and service was average. Servings are large for the price. No smiles from the staff which I have come to expect from other places we have eaten at. This place is for the locals.

Note they did have special three course deals with pictures to show you what you get. Maybe we should have just pointed at that rather than ordering from the menu.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Fantastic tapas and a friendly atmosphere, popular with the locals, try the iberico ham and have a glass of Verdejo and I don't think you'll be disappointed. You will even get free tapas with 2 drinks, worth a visit to watch the world go by.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We had a special granadan tapas of iberico ham with fresh toasted breads and tomato sauce.
Big portion of cured ham that I have not tasted the equal of. 2 big glasses of execellent local beer.
Total price incl IVA 10 euros (for two persons)

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Food in this restaurant is amazing. Very large portions and compare to others around it's cheap. Service is very nice and quick but at lunch time it's very busy. If you are a proper tapas lover definitely visit this place.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

With hams hanging above your head as you walk in you get a quick impression that this is not an experience for vegetarians! There are a few veggie options (cheese, lettuce etc) but I was there for the meat! We had a meal - rather than just tapas and drinks - and I found the selection and value very good. Service was ok...my Spanish is almost non existent but there is an English menu available. The tables are very tightly packed which slightly detracted from the experience. I would very happily eat there again.