“Meat eaters paradise”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Chepstow, United Kingdom
“Meat eaters paradise”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

With hams hanging above your head as you walk in you get a quick impression that this is not an experience for vegetarians! There are a few veggie options (cheese, lettuce etc) but I was there for the meat! We had a meal - rather than just tapas and drinks - and I found the selection and value very good. Service was ok...my Spanish is almost non existent but there is an English menu available. The tables are very tightly packed which slightly detracted from the experience. I would very happily eat there again.

Visited September 2013

• Korean first
Sydney, Australia
“OK”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This place looked interesting so we went in late and it was packed. Stood at the bar and ordered a drink the free tapas was uninspiring and disappointing after the other places we had been that evening. Lots of jamon being served so maybe that is there specialty. It looks more like a restaurant than the other bars we visited so that might be the difference, it was busy but didn't buzz like other places.

• Visited July 2013
Palo Alto, California
“Don't forget to ask twice, they may bring you what you want”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We went there early in the evening, the restaurant was empty and the waiters did their best not to acknowledge our presence. Tapas were average, good basics (ham and cheese) but the fried ones were uninspiring. I asked for a desert, after 15 minutes I had to enquire about it, nobody was aware of what I was talking about and it ended up when I paid with "was everything ok"?

Visited July 2013
Helsinki, Finland
“Average for dinner but must be awesome for tapas”
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

The first floor was full of locals so we gave up for having tapas and went to second floor with kids. They have separate space for dinner eaters there. The price and quality of food just wasn't great. Pork with mushroom sauce, croquettes and hamburgers for kids all ok but that's it. You get better value elsewhere. Tapas must be good. There wouldn't be so much people if they were not.

• Visited June 2013
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Unreliable”
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Had a tapas lunch there yesterday which was good. Returned tonight to eat and it was awful. Had the "Berenjenas con miel" which was completely tasteless. The "puntas de solmillo con salsa de champiñones" which I had was acceptable though the sauce was tasteless and the mushrooms non-existent. My partner's "supremas de pollo" we're anything but supreme; they were tough as old boots and again the sauce tasted of nothing. The waiter when he cleared the table asked if everything was just gave an Iberian shrug of the shoulders when I complained. To add insult to injury, when the bill came (Sorry, but the free "chupito" on the house did not compensat.) eventually - we had to ask twice and even then I had to go to the bar to have any chance of getting out the same night - they had charged us for bread which we had neither ordered nor received. Avoid this place.

Visited June 2013