“Wonderful value for the money”
Review of Saray Hotel

Saray Hotel
Ranked #37 of 124 Hotels in Granada
Reviewed May 7, 2009

This is an elegant and luxurious hotel. A little outside the main sightseeing part of the city but within an easy half hour walk of the Cathedral. The room was well-appointed and roomy for three adults. The staff was helpful and professional. The breakfast was well worth the money. The parking on site was steep but covered and the spaces were larger than expected in Spain.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,696)

Reviewed May 5, 2009

I stayed at the Saray Hotel in Granada in March 2009 together with my parents. We booked two rooms. When we arrived the hotel was almost full and we were upgraded to Junior Suites, which were excellent. They were large, modern and clean. The hotel was refurbished in 2008. We booked on the web directly with the hotel and the room rates were very good.
The hotel is located near the Congress Palace and is within walking distance from the city centre (my parents who are over seventy years old could walk with no problems). There is a bus stop nearby with regular buses to the City Centre. The airport bus also stops very close to the hotel.
I had dinner on the first evening in the restaurant - food was ok, but too expensive in my view. Stayed at the bar every night and enjoyed a drink.
Overall, the hotel is excellent value for money and I would recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank a_r_szabo
Reviewed April 19, 2009

Our room was facing another building's windows. Even though it is a walking distance to the center, there was nothing around the hotel, restaurants, shops or anything. Finding a free parking in the street was difficult. I felt the hotel had no sole! Travel tour companies like insight vacation and globus use this hotel. Tickets for the Alhamra Castle was sold out for two days?!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2009

great value hotel- near last stop of airport bus- also bus to bus station stops just around corner- allow at least an hour if you are going there as traffic can be slow. We stayed twice in one week as we went to seville for three days. The last night of our stay there had been a mix up with our booking. When we got back from Seville I complained about this and the girl on the desk gave us a room at the agreed price with no quibble. She also upgraded us to a junior suite.Thanks! Breakfast was excellent- plenty of choice. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel- good value, good rooms, convenient position- what more could you want for a city break!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2009

The Saray is in a great location in Granada. A very short walk from the airport bus stop. The bus leaves the stop hourly and costs 3 euros. The journey took us 1 hour 15 mins on the way in on Thursday and 45 mins on Sunday afternoon. It takes about 10-15 minutes to walk to the Cathedral which is across the river and 15-20 minutes to the tourist office close to the bus stop for the Alhambra.

The rooms in the hotel are large, but there is no tea and coffee making materials. The beds are singles pushed together. The bathroom was clean and modern. I would have thought that slippers and robes would have been provided at a 4 star hotel such as this one. I think it is really only 3 star and suppose the extra star is there because of the small pool complex. It was much too cold to use it however.

The staff are quite pleasant but they do not go out of their way to help you as a tourist. For example late on Thursday evening having arrived at the hotel at around 21.30 hrs we went out to eat in the city. The hotel staff did not tell us that a spectacular parade, marking the start of Easter weekend was going to begin at around 23.00 hrs. We were just lucky enough to have been sitting outside eating when it went by! Similarly they were very unhelpful about information regarding visits to the Alhambra.

If you would like to visit the Alhambra you can book tickets ahead of time on the internet, but they had all been sold when we tried this so give yourself plenty of time. You can also buy them through the ATM of Caixa Bank, but again their supply had sold out. In the end we went up to the Alhambra and all their tickets had gone too. We were told by a very helpful official to arrive at about 6 am on the morning of our visit to stand any chance of getting in. We did this, arriving by taxi as buses don't run that early (approx 8 euros), and got an entrance time of 11.30 am for the palaces. If you go early to queue for tickets take lots and lots of warm clothing. It was absolutely freezing up there and we along with many others were under-dressed. The paths are quite uneven up there too so I would suggest that you take thick socks and good walking shoes.

I would recommend a visit to Granada at Easter time as the parades are amazing, but I would not go back to this hotel. It's pricey for what it is.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2009

I have been again, after my first stay one year ago, to this 4* Hotel in Granada. I have to confirm my previous good experience: the hotel is very clean, rooms are large, it is very easy to find it if you are arriving to Granada by car. The only changes, for the bad, were: that staff at the desk has been reduced so this time we had to wait several minutes each time we need something from the desk; amenities in the room have also been reduced (shaving set and dental kit only on demand....something it shouldn't happen in a 4* hotel). On the other hand the good thing is that this time we profited from a extremely convenient offer so we pay just 60 euros per night for a triple room vat included(without breakfast, but it is much cheaper to have it at the bars in the city)

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 11, 2009

Stayed at the Saray for two nights at the begining of February. I had taken the advice of other people on the TA website about booking an hotel outside the city centre if one had a hire car. This proved to be excellent advice as driving in the city centre is difficult and parking near on impossible. The hotel has a parking garage underground for Euro 16 per day.

The hotel reception is very nice and the staff at reception helpful. Our room was lovely, very modern with comfortable bed and pillows, spotlessly clean, and a nice bathroom. As mentioned in other reviews the rooms are very spacious in comparison to other Spanish hotels I have stayed at.

We had an excellent deal off the internet Euro 65 per night which was brilliant value for the standard of hotel and with the £1 being same value as the Euro it seemed even more of a bargain. My only complaint is that once you arrive in your room you find you can only watch the very nice 32" flat screen television by paying Eur 24 per day (this included internet access and films). I wanted to relax in bed and watch the news and felt that to pay for ordinary television in a four star hotel was outrageous. I know we had a good room rate but I expect television as standard.

We had the hotel buffet breakfast the first morning (Eur 10 per person) it was okay but not outstanding. However ,we had dinner in the hotel restaurant that evening; an interesting menu and the food was excellent.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple