All reviews plaza bib rambla great location pedestrian area beautiful square fourth floor small lift major sights restaurants and shops the hotel is clean within walking distance breakfast is served a great place to stay the heart of the city small hotel small balcony la alhambra old city
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I used to stay at Hotel los Tilos because it was the only hotel on Plaza Bibarrambla, a large and charming square surrounded with cafés and restaurants - and no cars - a few steps from the Cathedral. Since it was entirely renovated, about 5 years ago, it has also become a modern, comfortable, small-scale family-owned hotel with friendly staff (and owner, José Maria), fine breakfast and free wi-fi. There is a magnificent view of the cathedral towers and roofs (looks more like a city of its own than a church) and also the ramparts of the Alhambra Palace in the distance. You can have churros with hot chocolate (typical Spanish snack) at two of the cafés downstairs, and the "human" noise of the square is never bothersome. We stayed there this August (2013) during a heat wave and the air-conditioning saved my life, I can assure you.

Room Tip: All the rooms are from the second floor up (first floor for Europeans) since the ground floor of the building is taken up by shops, but I would choose the 4th overlooking the plaza because of the view, and the communal terrace there. With the elevator it doesn't make any difference in terms of effort.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This hotel is situated on a lovely square with brilliant cafes and bars, close to the cathedral (where the bus goes to the Alhambra) and the Albaicin. The room was clean and the hotel well maintained, with a view of the square. Payment was on departure contrary to what the Booking.com information said. We were given free fans on departure which cam in handy for the rest of our trip!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2013

The location of this hotel was excellent. We really liked stepping out of our hotel, right into the plaza Bib Rambla. Cars were not allowed, so there was only foot traffic. There were plenty of great choices for eating in the plaza.

The staff of this hotel were great. They worked hard to satisfy us. The owner was onsite most of the time. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank gary l
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is walk into hotel in the old city right on the Plaza. Call ahead if you are driving for parking information. I stayed for 3 nights and have only positive things to say. Excellent staff that assisted me for the in the city transportation. I also had my personal laundry done at a fair price. Everything for the old town is right at the Plaza Bib Rambla like the cathedral, dining, Alcalcerias, Plaza Nueva, and the Hammams Turkish baths. You are only a couple of blocks from all bus services. My single room had a small bathroom, but hey I wasn't in there that long. After a busy day at the sights I could relax and dine on the plaza and walk to the church for classical guitar. Great value, would do it again in a heartbeat. Not related - order your tickets for the Alhambra early and beat the crowds in line and do one night visit, fantastic!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed in in June of 2013. This hotel was fantastic. It is located in the center of Plaza Bib-Rambla. The pro's being that you are right in the center of the city, surrounded by cafes, nightlife, and attractions. The con being that you can not access the hotel by car, so if you have quite a lot of luggage you'll certainly want a taxi to drop you close, instead of parking a car and walking. I'd suggest the Puerta del Carmen (right next to the Ayuntamiento/Town Hall).

The hotel staff was very friendly and welcoming. Our room was not huge, but certainly sufficient. The room and bathroom were kept very clean and there were windows looking over the plaza, making for beautiful views. This is a fairly tame part of town so the plaza is not extremely crowded or noisy at night, although if you're a light sleeper make sure you get a higher or inside room.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family