All reviewsplaza bib ramblagreat locationpedestrian areabeautiful squarefourth floorsmall liftmajor sightsrestaurants and shopsthe hotel is cleanwithin walking distancebreakfast is serveda great place to staythe heart of the citysmall hotelsmall balconyla alhambraold city
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We got to the hotel and were greeted by Jose Maria with a great smile. We checked in immediately and got freshened up for late lunch. As we had just arrived we asked for a recommendation from Jose Maria. He recommended "Nuevo Restaurant" which was great! The rooms were more than adequate for our needs. The bathrooms were just fine. The room was always kept clean and comfortable. The location right on Bib-Rambla makes it ideal for the tourist. There is no traffic in from of the hotel, but by crossing the plaza and heading to the Cathedral the bus and taxi stand is right there. A 5 min walk max. Restaurants around the hotel are everywhere! Breakfast was included at the hotel. It was adequate and very good. More of a continental type of breakfast with some local flavors like ham, sausages, mortadella, and cheeses. This hotel was a great value!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jose P
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Checked into the Hotel Los Tilos after the long train trip from Madrid. The staff was efficient and professional, checking us in quickly. Our room was quite large and comfortable with firm beds and the bathroom was plenty big for our taste. Though the wifi was supposed to be in public areas only, I could often connect in the room. The most amazing thing was the view from the windows and small balconies across the Bib-Rambla to the Alhambra on the nearby hill. I could literally hang my head out the window to look at the Alhambra while taking a shower in the morning. Not bad for 55 euros a night! The location could not have been better with easy access to restaurants, plazas, and transport to the palace. We didn't indulge in the breakfast at 7 euros per, but went to a cafe on the square or ate pastries in the room. Loved Granada, especially the walk along the Darro, the Alhambra, of course, and the view from St. Nicholas in the Albaicin. Recommend the Bodega Castenada for great tapas and vino. Very nice hotel.

Room Tip: Get the rooms on the square with the view if available. Fabulous!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bethalto
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The location in the large plaza near the cathedral was perfect for all our Granada sightseeing. The room itself was clean and fairly quiet. There was somewhat of a sulfur odor in the bathroom. We think it was some kind of sewer issue and not the water itself. The WiFi was disappointing as we usually had to go out in the hall or down to the lobby to get a reliable signal. The 4th floor rooftop terrace was a wonderful feature; one night we sat up there with sandwiches and wine and the fabulous view of the town below us all lit up. We did opt for the added price breakfast on our last of the 2 days there and it was a nice continental buffet however the quality of the machine coffee was not good (cafe con leche was very sweet - yuck!). Overall, pretty good value for the money for this room.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bikerjff
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I stayed here about 3 years ago after a friend suggested it (she'd been there 20 years before). Was far better than I expected the first time....and second visit (I returned just a few days ago after 10 days in room 404) was as wonderful again.

I cannot speak for lower floors...but the 4th floor is perfect for a quiet night...cannot here the cathedral bells even tho it is opposite. All you hear are any neighbours who speak loudly in the corridor....otherwise.....silence!

Great aircon...which the cleaners leave on for you so you walk into a fresh room. I was given the same room as last time....overlooking the inner shaft of hotel...perfect as no noise. Just as a good Med bedroom should be....quite dark....so does NOT let in loads of sun....just what I like. You go outside and there is ALL the sun you will ever want! Plus a buzzing atmosphere in the restaurants all around the Plaza Bib-Rambla.

The owner, Senor Jose Maria (dont know his surname) is delightful, quiet and kind and thoughtful and speaks some English and loves practising his English. The other desk staff also speak a little.. If they seem quiet, it is that they are quite shy about speaking, but if you can manage any Spanish at all, they are most encouraging. I didnt feel well one day, and the owner was very concerned and helpful.

As a middle aged lady travelling alone, I cannot recommend it highly enough! I will go back next year if funds allow.

Incidentally....anyone who puts on here that the breakfast is "only average" or adequate....I cannot imagine what they are expecting. I love their breakfast....and daily ate:2 kiwis, watermelon, yellow melon, hardboiled egg, chorizo, salami, cheese, 3 small croissant, orange juice,, Spanish oil biscuit with sugar (speciality), plus the best coffee of the day...cafe con leche, or cortado. Believe me....superb! also available...cereal, 2 breads, toaster, yoghurt, frankfurters, bacon. No...they dont do bucksfizz....is that what people expected for 35 euros a night including breakfast....?!! I never ate till 3 or 4pm...when I then went to one of the cafes and had tapas or tea with pionono cake (also local).

Every time....viva Los Tilos!!

Room Tip: Lift is excellent (and i am scared of them...but went alone daily as was very reliable). Top floor, id suggest...for singles....room 404.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Antonieta118
Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

We got a promotional rate for this hotel in July and the value can't be beat! For a double room in a clean hotel in a great location, with buffet breakfast included, we paid 30 Euros a night! The room was really nice and overlooked the small plaza (occasional noise). The rooftop terrace is lovely.

The location is walking distance (7 min) to the main square and a brief walk (4 min) to the bus stops where you can get transport to Alhambra, albayzin, and more.

The staff weren't particularly nice nor did they speak English. But I really can't complain granted the price!

• Stayed: July 2012