“Goody Tapas bar with oriental flair”
Review of Om-Kalsum

Om-Kalsum
Ranked #78 of 1,571 Restaurants in Granada
Cuisines: African, Middle Eastern
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 8, 2013

For me the best Tapa experience during my trip through Andalusia. The Om-Kalsum is a bit outside of Granada center, but its worth the 15min walk from Plaza Isabel la Catòlica to go there. When you order a drink you'll get one Tapa for free. So you just have to order 3-4 beers and wines to get sated :-). All Tapa meals I've tasted had an oriental flavor, that made them different to the "typical" sort Tapas I got elsewhere in Andalusia. Later at the evening (it was Friday) the bar became very crowded with local students and natives.

Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Authentic tapas (Morroccan style) bar hidden down a quiet alley. We had 8 delicious tapa and a litre of beer for 12.50 - an absolute bargain. The place opens around 8pm and was packed by 9, so make sure you go early if you want a seat. Good vegetarian options available and menu available in English, although mostly visited by locals. Great atmosphere when the place is buzzing. We enjoyed it so much that we went again the next night...and we never do that! Our favourite place in Spain.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have been to this place endless times. Yes it is always busy and difficult to find a space at the bar. But I just love it.

The moroccan tapas are the reason I keep returning: Falafel, couscous with caramelised onions, the chicken shwarma .....

The tapas are simple but good value for money and delicious.

1  Thank Molly S
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Went there with a vegetarian friend and who was delighted by the choice as selections are often quite limited for veggies. We tried four or five of the veggie options, all of which were good, but most especially the falafels - which were outstanding - and the spinach mix served on half a potato (the name of the dish escapes me). The seating was a little uncomfortable so it wouldn't be a place to spend a whole evening - but if you stayed for too long movement would be difficult as the tapas were quite generous. Great value too as this place sticks to the tapa-with-drink ethos that makes eating out in Granada such a cheap treat.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

At first I was not impressed, there were no chairs outside and a girl cruised back and forth in this tiny restaurant on rollerblades. Wanting to try it out anyway, we grabbed a seat by one of the tables finding them quite uncomfortable and set quite low to the round. Finally we opted to sit by the bar. By then I wasn't expecting much.

It might have been the poor start, setting my expectations low that did it, but I've tasted a lot of food professionally, and the food at Om-Kalsum just blew me away by itself. We had: Veal balls (not testicles) in tangine, Cous-cous, Small pastries filled with chicken and most definetly the best Falafel I've ever tasted.

So if you dont mind sitting by the bar eating, you must give it a try. In addition, it ws so cheap you could cry.