“El Mejor de Granada!”

Ranchito Mexicano
Ranked #141 of 1,484 Restaurants in Granada
Cuisines: Mexican, Central American, Latin
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: You will enjoy homemade Mexican food and you will taste authentic tacos al Pastor or our Mole sauce (peppers and chocolate sauce) Our decoration which will make you feeling like in Mexico in a corner at Granada. Since 1992.
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“El Mejor de Granada!”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

When I studied abroad in Granada, my roommate and I came across Ranchito Mexicano. I was born and raised in Southern California so when I was tired of the tapas I craved some good Mexican food. Ranchito soon became my favorite place thanks to the amazing food, atmosphere, and service. The mole enchilidas, enchiladas verdes, and fajitas were some of the best I have ever had. The owner Pilar is awesome and besides the wonderful fresh Margaritas and vino tinto, she would include a free shot of ron con miel (a delicious honey rum) in keeping with la cultura de Granada. I know she spent time in Mexico and California and with her Spanish roots she creates delicious Mexican cuisine. I came back every week during my studies to eat and drink. The prices are great, the service is the best I have ever had in Europe, they treat you like family.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Tony N

• Finnish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
Atlanta, GA
“We Found Good Mexican Food in Europe”
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have a tradition of going to one Mexican restaurant wherever we go abroad. We have been to Mexican restaurants in France, Germany, Italy, and Japan (and probably the UK -- can't remember). Anyway, this restaurant had the best food of any of those and the most generous portions. I saw some reviewers complain about the food not being spicy enough. The menu tells you (in Spanish) that, if you want your food to be spicy, you should ask for "picante." So, just say "con picante," and you will get spice. I saw some other reviews about the speed of the service. Service was kind of slow, I guess, by US standards but you're in Europe. The server did a great job and was working very hard. She appeared to be the only server. We ordered the special, which was nachos, tacos, a burrito, and dos bebidas for 27.50€. Very filling. Very picante. Overall, very satisfied with this restaurant.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Fantastic”
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Wow, we were lost in Grenada and found this place by luck. Oh my God what great food never had such a meal the fajitas were amazing and the nachos delicious. Spoke to the owner who is the chef, she lived in Mexico for a while and added her spanish touch. If i ever go back to Grenada will go there again.

Maple Glen, Pennsylvania
“The empty tables should have been a clue”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We visited my son in Granada. He was in the mood for Mexican food. We went to Ranchito Mexicano and were very disappointed. First, only one table was occupied when we entered. The food was microwaved frozen. The waitress spent more time on her laptop and listening to music on her headphones. My wife and one son ordered different dishes, yet other than the fact that one was folded and one wasn't, they were both identical! This place is a joke.

• Visited April 2014
mic v, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Ranchito Mexicano, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you very much for your comments, and we feel your disappointment but we can guarantee that our food is completely homemade and although some of our dishes may look similar, they are not.
Perth, United Kingdom
“Not worth the good ranking”
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

We were very underwhelmed, very small portion of tacos and burritos stuffed with lots of rice. Not bad, but not to be raved about, can do better at home. Lunchtime empty, maybe there's a reason!

1 Thank samgreer