“THE ONLY PLACE TO STAY IN GRANADA”

Hotel Alhambra Palace
Ranked #16 of 122 Hotels in Granada
Reviewed June 4, 2011

When you read the reviews they are all mixed and for various reasons. I will be as honest as possible here...
Granada is a sweet town with AMAZING views and the Alhambra as well. This is why one would travel to Granada in my honest opinion.
The Alhambra Palace offers both to the traveler. We started in a 5 star hotel in the central and moved. I came for serenity, views and an old world glamour experience that I had envisioned Granada would have. IT DID>
We spent three nights and it was amazing to open the balcony doors and see the glorious view. It is perched up high in a hilly area and to get to the Alhambra itself you walk through this lovely treelined park. To get to the Albayzin you can catch a shuttle for 1.20 euros a person and it takes you straight there.
If you seek quiet, old world glamour, with an amazing view this is that place. I suggest couples seeking a romantic setting will appreciate this the most.
The hotel is quiet, which I prefer, the decor is this lovely Moorish style, that is not hip-looking or brand new, but quietly elegant in a lovely worn style. It reminds me of the old 1920's style hotels. The rooms are clean, nice colors throughout and again, that amazing view.
The terrace is great to have a drink and enjoy the view, but if you want dinner then the Plaza Nueva is a very short walk down hill where you have your choice.
If you want a WONDERFUL, but pricey fine dining experience then the main dining room is great. Breakfast is good with nice options but again, not inexpensive. Then again for 17 Euros a person you are eating on real China.
Personally, I like the hotel to be a part of the experience, I like the decor and ambience. The hotel staff is nice and accomodating and speak English, but don't expect them to be pros, it is Spain.
When I read the reviews I marvel still as what some people prefer. Again, this is the only place I will ever stay when in Granada and if you like quiet, old world charm in a romantic setting then The Hotel Alhambra Palace is the place to be.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Barbarazway

Reviewed June 1, 2011

Great location for visiting La Alhambra, but if you want more of the old town, stay down in the town instead. While it's not super far, it's far enough that it's kind of a pain and the hills can be challenging for some. Generally an upscale feel to this hotel, which is Nove, but if you like a little modesty in your accommodation, this hotel is not for you.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Rymo2300
Reviewed May 27, 2011

We stayed a couple of nights and we were not impressed. The exterior facade is fabulous, but the interior is tired and needs a facelift. For instance, the carpets are worn and dingy. My biggest beef was the front desk reception staff, who were burned out and disinterested in providing us with assistance. We had purchased a cell phone at the airport and we were told that the instructions were in English, which was untrue. When we spoke to the front desk staff and asked if someone could assist us, they were clearly annoyed. I would pass on this hotel and find another where the staff are prepared to provide pleasant service.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2011

This hotel has an amazing view if you are lucky to get a room with a balcony facing the town of Granada... the room size is rather small and the toilet is quite average. If it is not for the view... it is really not worth the money... It is rather expensive... But if you are looking for a hotel that is really close to Alhambra... then this is the one... Just few mins walk up and there is a frequent direct bus that goes to the town...
Do not go to the hotel restaurant or pay for the breakfast... there are better choice down town... Overall, great view by the balcony... fairly comfortable... Expensive...
**make sure you send an e-mail 2 weeks in advance directly to the hotel requesting for a room with a balcony facing the city of Granada... (The view is really worth it)

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 14, 2011

As I read these reviews, I'm shocked...and questioning their authenticity. I stayed here for one night with my parents and sister and we all came to this general consensus: meh. I was really excited to stay here because I went to Granada in February and had walked by this hotel and thought it was gorgeous. There is no doubt that it is beautiful from the outside, but the inside is just not very well kept up. Nothing was terrible about this hotel, but nothing was incredible either.

If you are staying here, I have a recommendation: seek food elsewhere. The bar food is extremely overpriced for mediocre food. And the only option for breakfast is a 17 euro per person buffet with equally mediocre food.

I am a student and thus have stayed in many hostels during my time abroad. The only thing keeping me from giving this hotel a 'poor' rating is the knowledge that there are much worse places to stay. But I am assuming that all those who are looking at this review are in the market for a higher end hotel experience during their stay in Granada. This is not it.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed May 11, 2011

A very good hotel in a excellent location. Food in the restaurant is fantastic, rooms excellent, service in the hotel perfect. Service in the restaurant very indifferent.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed May 7, 2011

Admittedly I haven't toured the other facilities in Granada but, after staying at the Alhambra Palace, I cannot imagine staying anywhere else. While the facility is not new/pristine/high tech, etc., it's all about the location. When you can wake up, open the curtains and observe a spectacular view from your balcony, well, there's not much more that is needed.

Be aware that the Alhambra Palace is an old, stately facility. It's a throwback... But for us it was a nice change of pace.

More about that view: Our bathroom had a large, floor to ceiling window with no covering. However, as I told my wife, if someone (or the CIA) has a high powered telescope and can somehow look up from 1,000 feet below and actually see her, well, congratulate them and let them enjoy the "view."

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple