“Just downhill from St. Nicolas Plaza”

Carmen de Aben Humeya
Ranked #81 of 1,601 Restaurants in Granada
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Pedro
Description: Located at the gardens of Carmen de Aben Humeya which is cataloged by UNESCO, this restaurant offers amazing views over the Alhambra, Generalife, Sierra Nevada and the city of Granada. You will find a menu of high-quality gastronomy. The latest cooking techniques serve to create delicious traditional dishes and the use of proximity products guarantees the authentic flavors.
Reviewed August 16, 2012

If you take the city bus to St. Nicolas plaza and see the sunset from there, then go downhill to the left (your left if you are facing the Alhambra), down the steps you will see the sign for the restaurant. The restaurant was recommended to us by someone who lives in Granada, and it did not disappoint. The nightime view goes without saying; it's unforgettable. And I cannot understand all the disparaging comments about the food. I'm a bit of a food snob, so I'm normally the one complaining about the food, but the food was fantastic. I speak Spanish, so maybe it was because I could translate the menu a bit easier. However I know that our waitress was fluent in English, and she was also quite helpful in giving menu advice, as well as shortcut directions down the hill to the center of town. We spent over 2 weeks in Spain, and this was one of our most memorable dinners. Please don't let the negative comments dissuade you from going.

2  Thank miznina

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Arrived unfashionably early for dinner, but were rewarded with a spectacular view of the Alhambra palace from a charming dining terrace. Without guests the restaurant was almost eerily quiet, but the atmosphere improved quickly after sunset. As for the food, the Salmorejo starter was reasonable without being inspiring. The main course of lamb with mint and almonds was too close to looking like gourmet cat food for comfort, but tender and well flavoured nevertheless. Service was very friendly and attentive. B

Reviewed August 6, 2012

the restaurant is very pretty, with excelent view to Alhambra, but the food is just ok and very expensive. For the same price you can have an excellent dinner elsewhere

Reviewed July 29, 2012

The food here was quite good. We started with a simple salad of greens with small tomaotes, avocado, walnuts, and shallots with a vinaigrette. Simple but very tasty. My son had the ox filet and it was cooked just right and tasted. I had the pork sirloin in a cream and chocolate sauce. It was good, but I'm if I'm nitpicking, a little too much sauce that was too thick and not enough chocolate in it. For desert my son had the chocolate souffle (really was a chocolate lava cake) with vanilla ice cream (which he liked) and I had the house ice cream. This was a nut ice cream coated in hard chocoalte a lemon ice cream coated in a hard shell and respberry ice cream coated in a hard raspberry shell. The view of the Alhambra was stunning and the restaurant quite cozy. A large group showed up a little after us. The service staff seemed to have a hard time keeping up and the service was slow even by European standards.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Our dinner was delicious and the setting in a terraced garden was lovely. Perfect spot to watch the sunset on the Alhambra. Our poor waiter was stretched thin and service was slow, although pleasant.