“nice place but food just ok” 3 of 5 bubbles

Carmen de Aben Humeya
Ranked #147 of 1,452 Restaurants in Granada
Cuisines: Spanish, Delicatessen, Contemporary, Healthy, Mediterranean, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: San Pedro
Description: Located at the gardens of Carmen de Aben Humeya which is cataloged by UNESCO, this restaurant offers amazing views over the Alhambra, Generalife, Sierra Nevada and the city of Granada. You will find a menu of high-quality gastronomy. The latest cooking techniques serve to create delicious traditional dishes and the use of proximity products guarantees the authentic flavors.
Granada, España
“nice place but food just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

the restaurant is very pretty, with excelent view to Alhambra, but the food is just ok and very expensive. For the same price you can have an excellent dinner elsewhere

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Good food and view but slow service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

The food here was quite good. We started with a simple salad of greens with small tomaotes, avocado, walnuts, and shallots with a vinaigrette. Simple but very tasty. My son had the ox filet and it was cooked just right and tasted. I had the pork sirloin in a cream and chocolate sauce. It was good, but I'm if I'm nitpicking, a little too much sauce that was too thick and not enough chocolate in it. For desert my son had the chocolate souffle (really was a chocolate lava cake) with vanilla ice cream (which he liked) and I had the house ice cream. This was a nut ice cream coated in hard chocoalte a lemon ice cream coated in a hard shell and respberry ice cream coated in a hard raspberry shell. The view of the Alhambra was stunning and the restaurant quite cozy. A large group showed up a little after us. The service staff seemed to have a hard time keeping up and the service was slow even by European standards.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Fantastic view of the alhambra, great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

Our dinner was delicious and the setting in a terraced garden was lovely. Perfect spot to watch the sunset on the Alhambra. Our poor waiter was stretched thin and service was slow, although pleasant.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Tallahassee, Florida
“A Perfect Lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

My wife and I were wandering the old Moorish section of Granada, on our way to restaurant umbrellas we thought were near Iglesia de San Miguel Bajo-Albaycin. It looked like there would be spectacular views of the Alhambra and Granada from there. We came around a corner and I barely noticed the entrance to Carmen de Aben Humeya. I figured as hard as it was to find, even if you were looking for it, the food had to be good; it also looked like the views would be spectacular too. I walked down the stairs into the restaurant area. I found a large ornate tent under which meals were served that opened up to the most spectacular view of the Alhambra and the patio below the dinning area.

There was no one there but was told by a gentleman, who turned out to be the owner, that they were open. We decided to take a chance and were not disappointed. The owner let us choose our table and, when asked what the specialities of the case were, made suggestions. Maybe it was the setting and the wine he recommended, but we thought the food was very good. We ended up staying for hours soaking in the ambiance. Just as we were ready to leave, we were brought a silver tray with a Moorish silver tea pot and painted glasses. We stayed longer drinking incredible tasting hot mint tea (and I am not usually a tea drinker).

My only disappointment was that we were not in Granada long enough to return the Carmen de Aben at night!! Next time for sure.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank C56
Lisbon, Portugal
“Great setting, passable food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

We had a perfect table for watching the sunset over the Alhambra. We did not have good food experiences in Granada on the whole. Food was better in Seville and Ronda. This restaurant served the best food we had in Granada, it was fine, but nothing special or memorable.

Visited July 2012