“An incredible show!”
Review of Venta El Gallo

Venta El Gallo
Ranked #7 of 22 Concerts & Shows in Granada
More attraction details
Owner description: Restaurante espectaculo de flamenco
Vernon, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“An incredible show!”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I hadn't planned to see a Flamenco show in Granada, but a young lady at the Segway tour highly recommended that I see this particular "authentic Gypsy Flamenco" performance. I was told that I'd be picked up at the hotel and transported to the show location, but unfortunately there was a mixup in the arrangements and that didn't happen. After a phone call from the desk staff at my hotel, management at Venta El Gallo took care of the problem quickly and efficiently, and I commend them on the way they handled my situation (the complimentary drink was a nice touch also).

The venue also offers dining in addition to the Flamenco show, but I wasn't aware of that at the time so can't comment on the food.

I had never seen a Flamenco show before this, and that was one experience I was very much looking forward to during my visit to Spain. The performance I saw at Venta El Gallo did not disappoint! All the performers were highly proficient, passionate and energetic and the show was amazing! At times the dancers appeared to be staring off into space with an emotional look. I only have a basic understanding of the origins and structure of Flamenco so wasn't sure what that meant, but it seemed to elicit a sense of emotion in the audience, who were transfixed on the performers.

I attended another Flamenco performance in Sevilla a few days after that, and the performers there were also very good. Unfortunately it wasn't the same experience as I saw at Venta El Gallo, and I didn't enjoy the Sevilla version as much. I would definitely like to return to Venta El Gallo to see another of these incredible shows.

My only regret is that I didn't have an opportunity to meet the performers after the show. At the end of the show, audiences are quickly hustled out the door to waiting Mini-Buses for transport back to the city centre.

Visited June 2013

22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Tourist Experience”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Having never been to a live Flamenco Show I was really looking forward to it. We chose to do the show without any meal (30 Euros each) due to the high cost of eating there & think it was a great choice to eat in Granada town first. We got taken by bus from our Hotel (inc. in price) and then dropped off in the old part of town for a short tour & visit to the observtaion point where we had stunning views of Alhambra all lit up. The show was great but could have been shorter & would have benefitted from some explanation of its origins and the dancers. Some people left at half time as there was no mention of it being a break. The chairs were very uncomfortable & packed like sardines.

Visited August 2013
Granada, Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Tapping your feet; if you can keep up”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This was worth the 25 Euros paid. It is a great introduction to Flamenco in close quarters. Those who are more familiar with Flamenco may not be as polite but then this is for tourists. The show is held in one of the cave houses in the Sacromente district of Granada. The focus is dance rather than guitar or voice but boy did the ladies strut their stuff. I stood up at the back so I could see their feet. Closer in may not have been easy.

Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Food and Flamenco...”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My partner and I had a lovely night out at Venta El Gallo. We started with a meal at around 8pm, sitting on the terrace in the cool evening breeze with the Alhambra behind us. The meal was good- a soup to start followed by a choice of pork or lamb. There was however unlimited bread and wine, so that by the time the flamenco show was due to start (at around half nine) we were both feeling quite merry. The Flamenco show itself takes place in the cave below the terraced restaurant. The seats are quite close together, but that did not deter from our enjoyment of the show. We were given yet another free drink before the show began, and sipped on them while listening to the amazing singing and then watching the superb flamenco on display. It was a show of around 8 people and was well worth seeing. We really enjoyed their work.

We paid 50 euros each for this evening out, and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The only reason I have not given it an excellent rating was the less than excellent quality of the food.

Visited July 2013
Montevideo, Uruguay
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Worst flamenco show ever”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The only positive was the tour before we arrived to the cave. In the cave we sat as sardines, if you wanted to eat you had to sit at the end and far away. Was very hot, not air, crowed and impossible to move in very small chairs.
The singers screamed and shouted most of the time, hard to call that singing. The dancers were 3women and a men. One of the women was fair, the rest were the worst flamenco dancers I have seen and I did saw many. T

Visited June 2013