“Just great!”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Voss Municipality, Norway
“Just great!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I had lunch at this marvellous restaurant. The view of the Alhambra is great, but also the restaurant itself is very good. It offered wide range of food, and everything was excellent. The staff were very helpful and serviceminded. The best place I visited in Granada.

• Visited April 2013

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
“Delicious cooking, fantastic view”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This was recommended to us by Francisco at Oliva. Being a cook himself and a connoisseur of local cuisine, I trusted his recommendation, and he was absolutely right. The restaurant offered a great view of the Alhambra. Normally, when you visit such a tourist spot, you would expect to pay for the view and not the food. No so in this restaurant. The food is really excellent as well. Strangely, there were only three tables all night, but I guess it was off peak season. The lady serving us was lovely. I had the duck confit, and the texture was just right, and the sauce was delicious.

• Visited April 2013
N Ireland
“Good food, great view”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Carmen Mirador de Axia was suggested by the hotel receptionist at Santa Isabel Real who kindly reserved a table on my behalf. It was a Saturday evening and the table was reserved for 8.30pm which by Spanish standards is quite early. We arrived on time and I wasn't surprised to find we were the first there. It was a cold and damp March evening so sitting outside wasn't an option but I was quite content with table inside which still afforded fine views of the floodlit Alhambra.

The menu was quite varied with a good selection for most tastes. I started with a tomato soup with cheese and monkfish, my companion with Andalucian garlic soup. For mains we opted for the fillet steak with mousseline of pate and duck with mint sauce. The steak was cooked to my liking (rare) and was quite delicate and flavoursome, however for my taste the mousseline was rather generous making the dish very rich-not that that stopped me clearing the plate. The duck and mint was nicely balanced and tender. To wash it down, a local mixed red grape wine was a good choice.

Probably due to the richness of the main course, I didn't take dessert. Instead I opted for an Irish Coffee only to discover that yet another good restaurant cant deliver a decent one.

For a Saturday night the restaurant wasn't very busy with only 5 other covers by the time we left after 10.30 so the atmosphere was quiet yet pleasant. The staff were attentive and polite.

Overall the food, ambience and service was good and the setting fabulous. For 100 euro Ive had more refined dining experiences, but not one of them had a view of the Alhambra.

• Visited March 2013
Seville, Spain
“We had a reservation, and when we arrived they were closed”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Had a very strange experience with this place. I made a booking online the weekend before going for 9pm. During the week I received four missed calls from the place (as I was at work). When I called back they asked me to confirm the booking, despite having emailed them and received a reply confirming the booking already. Then we arrived at the place approx. 8:45pm and it was closed and dark (despite the fact it was supposed to open at 8:30) and the place was empty. We waited for another 15 minutes until 9pm but it didn't open so we left and decided to go elsewhere. Quite strange and annoying as we had made our way up into Albayzin specifically to eat there.

Visited February 2013
4 Thank Lonan87
Amsterdam
“Highlight of our visit, both view and the food”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We spent lunchtime here, staring at the amazing view (haven't seen a better one of the Alhambra yet) and repeating how great all our food was. The food was original and incredibly tasty, the wine interesting and delicious as well. Great service. Not the cheapest around, but great value, worth every penny if you look at the ingredients, quality and ambient (starter ca 12 euro, main ca 22 euro). We probably stayed into the closing time in the afternoon, but didn't realize as staff stayed very helpful. Amazing, wouldn't have wanted to miss it.

• Visited February 2013