“Gem in the heart of Granada”
Review of Suites Gran Via 44

Suites Gran Via 44
Ranked #11 of 122 Hotels in Granada
Reviewed November 29, 2013

The Gran Suites 44 are perfectly located on Gran Via which is the main street of the city. If you are heading to Granada by air, take advantage of the airport shuttle transfer bus, it's green and blue and operated by j.gonzalez. The bus is timed for each flight arrival and there is no need to book, just pay the driver €3. The bus will drop passengers off at certain points, I think Gran Via stop is about the 3rd stop.

The hotel is about a 200m walk from the bus stop. The hotel entrance door was closed and remained as such which I think adds some exclusivity and I liked that. Upon arrival, I rung the buzzer and I was let in. After a quick check in, I was taken to my suite which I wasn't expecting. I was shown where the key slot was to activate main power and also how to use the ac.

The suite is exceptionally and beautifully appointed, modern, fresh and clean with a lovely small mural on the bedroom wall. There is a fridge, kettle, microwave and all that you would expect in any serviced apartment. There is free WiFi too, remember to get the code from reception when you check in. The hotel has a small atrium style area to relax in, on the ground floor with comfy chairs. There is a small lounge downstairs where you can make coffee, watch tv or surf the internet. The sofa is huge, room enough to lie down and have a nap on which I took advantage of. The hotel states that if you use the lounge, then to remove shoes which I think is fair. It definitely felt like being at home and cosy. My checkout was midday but I was taking a train at 5.30pm and the staff allowed me to still use the lounge to relax after I had checked out. On that note, it's worth mentioning that if you are planning to take a train from Granada, then the train station is about a 10 minute walk away from the hotel.
I booked Gran Suites following the excellent reviews and I can honestly say that I was amazed by the friendly staff and the quality of the suites. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is planning a trip to Granada.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank MAB28
There are newer reviews for Suites Gran Via 44

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed here on our second visit to Granada. Last time we stayed in the row of hotels right next to the Alhambra entrance. This time we were with a large group of extended family and wanted to stay bang in the middle of town; Suites 44 ticked all the boxes.

The individually themed apartment style rooms were very nice and clean. More privacy if you have kids but still feels like a hotel.

You can't do better location wise being right on the Gran Via, close to everything. However be careful if you are driving and get directions from hotel rather than trusting your SatNav. The main road is closed for private vehicles (there seems to be some rule that exempt tourists but never figured that out). Parking outside the hotel is only for 20 minutes; the hotel car park is limited and not guaranteed (we ended up parking in the multi-storey car park a few minutes away at €30 a night).

Room Tip: Each room is uniquely decorated. Have a look at photos in advance and request when making reservatio...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We were travelling as a family of four and the one-bedroom suite worked well. It was spacious and well equipped with pace for a sofa / pullout bed, dining table, kitchenette and space to move about in the living space. In some other suites we've stayed in, there's not much space left once the sofa-bed is made up. If you like a bit of extra room, at no extra cost, this would be high on your list of hotels in Granada.

The location is good, close to tapas bars and within walking distance of many attractions. We took a taxi to the Alhambra, but walked back. We also walked to and from the Albayzin.

Another big reason for our rating this hotel highly is the quality of the front office staff. Very helpful and well-informed and gave us excellent advice to save time and money. We would specifically call out Belen, who went to great lengths to make our stay comfortable and our visit to Granada the best it could be. Thanks to her, we could take back jamon iberico and chorizo back home (it was our last day in Spain, and a Sunday, when all the shops were closed). After trying (unsuccessfuly) to get a closed shop to make an exception for us, she managed to find a speciality food store that was open and pointed us to it - thanks, Belen. And it wasn't just us - we overheard her helping a couple of other tourist groups and it was just the same.

Overall, we would recommend this hotel, particularly if you like a generous amount of space. The location and service are added bonuses. And the price is compelling, for the value one gets for it.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 2, 2013

My husband and I and 2 friends stayed here in September and were very impressed by the size and comfort of the rooms. The location is ideal for visiting all the attractions. The front desk staff were very friendly and helped us immensely when we discovered we had left our passports in Malaga - nothing was too much trouble for them. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone we know going to Granada.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2013

The only reason this review does not get 5 stars is that the room is very noisy at night, I accept this as you can't get a location as good as this without it. However if you are a light sleeper it's going to be a problem, perhaps the rooms at the back of the hotel are less so.
Now for the positives, the suite is lovely and spacious, everything you could need for a city break or longer, very clean and stylish. We felt comfortable and it was a pleasure to return to this suite after a long day sightseeing.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite away from the main road if possible as it may be quieter at night.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night with my husband and was very impressed. Staff were friendly at all times. The room was very big, with lounge area, bedroom, kitchen and en suite. Comfy bed and pillows.
Breakfast served in room as there is no restaurant. This was a nice touch and a good wake up call, arrived exactly when requested.
All very modern and spotlessly clean.
Good location 5 min walk to centre, easy to find due to signs.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jade12345
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed 2 nights at the Gran Via. We were immediately impressed by the size of the room along with amenities including the kitchen and bathroom. The location was perfect and a very close walk to Plaza Neuva and the nearby bazaar. Getting to the Alhambra was a breeze. The front desk staff was so helpful in helping navigate the city. We were most surprised by the excellent "continental" breakfast which included a wide assortment of croissants, choice of coffee, tea, hot chocolate in addition to a hard boiled egg, orange juice, yogurt and plenty of jams and honey. Also, this is delivered nice and hot to your room every morning. The hotel was one of our favorites that we've stayed in during various trips in Europe.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple