“Fun, friendly and helpful hostel ”

Oasis Backpackers' Hostel Granada
Ranked #9 of 139 Specialty Lodging in Granada
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

We loved Oasis.. Super friendly staff who helped us get our Ahlambra ticket etc. The bar has happy hour and they make excellent sangria ;) the music is incredible, the DJ/manager has the best taste in beats!! Definitely recommend to stay here. You must go on the hike tour, it is well organised, cheap and fun!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Oasis Backpackers' Hostel Granada

Reviewed May 25, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here, the hostel is clean, fun, accommodating and has a great vibe to it. The staff were all really helpful and friendly. The breakfast is cheap and convenient, the activities are fun and interesting!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I stayed here with two friends on a weekend trip to Granada, and the staff is very young, helpful, and friendly! They all speak great English as many are not from Spain but are very dedicated to treating every visitor to a traditional Granada experience. They have cookouts (paella!) on many nights for a very small fee, such as 5 Euros, including sangria and wine. On top of great homecooked food, they've put together some awesome tours and bar crawls, offering a bar crawl with the first hour on the house at the hostel's bar! With so many different types of travelers, you're sure to meet some very interesting people who will make your visit so much more enjoyable and many who will expose you to the laid back Southern Spain lifestyle. In the summer, siesta time is taken very seriously! The entire town will almost literally shut down from about 3-6pm, so grab your friends, a couple beers from the hostel's bar, and some shade on the hostel's cozy oasis-style terrace! The bathrooms are very nice for hostel standards, but remember to bring your own towel and amenities, as well as a lock for the trunk that is provided for your belongings underneath your bed! If you're traveling to Granada, don't even look at other hostels, stay at this one for the best experience and a great price on a college kid's budget!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 22, 2014

You want to stay here for sure. The location, vibe, roof top terrace and tours run from this place are fantastic. Special shout out goes to Elena at the front desk. This girl is a guru. So funny and actually genuinely wants to help you. She bent over backwards to get me a ticket to Alhambra....and succeeded. What a woman!

• Stayed: May 2014
Luisa S, Recepcionist at Oasis Backpackers' Hostel Granada, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

"Thank you so much Kirby, you are a star! Really happy that you had a great time here and waiting for you to come back to make the second part of the film ;) -Elena-."

Reviewed May 22, 2014

I stayed here and I could not be more happy! The tours through the Sierra Nevada and excellent drinks at the bar made this my favourite hostel for my travels abroad! The staff were friendly and accommodating to all my needs. I would recommend this place to anyone passing through Granada.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

I booked at the Oasis as a last minute thing, when I decided to stop off in Granada. I had searched a few hostels, and this one came out best.

I can see why, it's cool, young and funky with a good vibe. However, it felt from checking-in to checking-out that you were staying at the staffs' place and asking them to sort anything would be too much hassle - so, you didn't.

Beds are allocated, so when I found someone in mine I went to seek advice. It was initially left to me to track the individual down (who I didn't know or had seen), and ask him to go to reception.

It turned out when I did find him, someone was in his bed and he too didn't want to 'bother' reception. So, it wasn't just me.

However, a great space and Granada is a pretty impressive city which I'd like to see again. The cocktails at the Oasis were amazing too, individually catered for.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Luisa S, Gerente at Oasis Backpackers' Hostel Granada, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Hi

Thanks for your comments. Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with us. Since your visit on last November things have changed, we have new staff and we are ready to help you at any time.
On your next visit we will invite you for one of our great cocktails.

Best Regards
Oasis Staff

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I spent 2 nights at Oasis Granada, and it was the most pleasant and fun experience I've ever had while staying at a hostel. The place is so conducive to meeting people with the bar and patio downstairs and the rooftop terrace, the 3€ breakfast is delicious, and all of the staff are so friendly and helpful. I stayed in the all girls dorm -- SUPER comfortable beds by hostel standards, en suite shower, lots of light and 2 little balconies. Didn't have any problems with noise, though I'd recommend bringing earplugs just in case. Everything was clean and great, and the location of the hostel is also really central to everywhere you'd want to go in Granada.

Also cannot emphasize enough how great the caves tour was - our guide was so knowledgeable and we got to see so many parts of Granada I wouldn't have explored in the same way alone. I would recommend this hostel to anyone who wants to have a really great experience in Granada.

Room Tip: All girls room is A++.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo