“Room with a view” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #49 of 125 Hotels in Granada
Yorkshire
“Room with a view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2009

Arrived with no booking and were looked after very well, with a beautiful room with amazing views.
Very good prices, although our only criticism would be the breakfast which was a little disappointing,
I would most definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
2 Thank YorkshireKingQueen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Turkish first
Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2009

On arrival in the bus station in Granada my partner and I decided to check with the information desk to see what was on offer. We are both familiar with Granada and in the past have stayed in Hotel Casa Del Pilar, so when this was on offer we decided to opt for it. As I say it was more for a change and the lady at the train station had an extremely good sales pitch for Hotel Arabeluj.
The location is a little off the beaten track,especially if staying out later than the mini buses run. (Most finish around 11p.m) and a taxi cost approx €6.00 plus a gratuity!! The walk down to the city is o.k. as it is all down hill (15 to 20mins walk) but returning on foot is a different matter!! Certainly not for the faint hearted.
The choice of rooms was pretty good with a standard room costing €50.00, a superior room costing €60.00 which was a little bigger than the standard and a superior with private balcony €75.00 a night. It being the end of our trip we opted for the superior with private balcony. The space of the balcony and the views were spectacular but one does not visit Granada to stay up in this area with so much music and dance happening in various venues around the city!! One girl at the reception was particularly nice, sorry I cannot remember her name but she had studied in Cork in Ireland!! I asked if i could get some wine glasses so that we could enjoy our bottle of wine on the balcony and she very kindly supplied me with a wine cooler, coasters, napkins and glasses. The following evening when I asked the gentleman at the bar for some wine glasses the attitude was rather different. He said we could not drink wine on the premises. I pointed out the fact that we had paid extra for a private balsony so as to enjoy this little luxury and he then gave me the glasses but with a surly manner. What a difference it makes depending on who one encounters!!!!

The beds are very comfortable and I honestly think the superior rooms without balcony actually had larger beds. The bathroom lacks a seat and area for applying make up etc but the shower is state of the art even if a little complicated to begin with. I had a slight feeling that the towels were not so clean but then was thinking that it may be the water or the washing powder. Something just did not add up in looking at how the rooms were completed the towels were rather shabby. I honestly wondered if they had been washed or not. Due to the fact that we were running a little late on the day of checking out I ran back down to the room to leave something for the maid as the girl on reception claimed she had to stay late so as to do our room. Personally I thought this was unnecessary as it was very quiet and not in demand!! To my surprise the room was already done, bed dressed, (sheets changed??) in such a short space of time. It just made me wonder about the cleanliness of the whole establishment!! Not a nice thought. We were charged for 2 coffees made with cold water on our departure after leaving €10.00 tip at reception and €10.00 to house keeping. When we asked if she would heat it in microwave she was not too happy. The coffee cost€3.00 each. I certainly would not have tipped so generously if I had known this. Next time I will be returning to Hotel Casa Del Pilar, centrally located in Plaza Nueva where the staff could not be any friendlier and the coffee is gratis!! Why did we choose to stay in another Hotel??? We are asking ourselves the same question.

• Liked — The private balcony
  • Disliked — The location and am dubious about the cleanliness
  • Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple