“Great value for a good dinner”
Review of Restaurante Sultan

Restaurante Sultan
Ranked #169 of 1,534 Restaurants in Granada
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centro - Sagrario
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I had the lite dinner of a lamb skewer meal (it came with rice) and it may be too lite for some for dinner but its a great portion for a sweet tooth later. The meal came to €12 and its an amazing atmosphere and prime location to continue to bars, hookah lounges, souviner shopping, or even the taxi stand. I hight recommend!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

we had high expectations of this restaurant - we both wanted to try the tagine and expected it to be spicey and full of flavour - but it totally lacked any kind of spice - in fact my chicken tagine could have done with at least a sprinkle of salt & pepper... my other half's lamb tagine with dates & nuts was tasty, but again lacked any kind of real flavour... the quality of the ingredients were really good and the food was cooked very well - but when you think of Moroccan food, the word "bland" shouldnt spring to mind... I even asked the waiter why the food wasnt spicey and he said that in Morocco it is, but the Spanish don't like it so spicey... its like opening up a Chinese restaurant but not serving curry.... unfortunately we were left disappointed with our choice - not only because of the food, but the restaurant was empty, lacked atmosphere and was freezing cold... we wished we'd stayed in the bar next door where they were filling us full of delicious tapas with each drink

Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Lovely Morrocan restaurant down from our hotel Posada del Toros. Portions were a bit small and prices a touch on the high side, but all in all a good first place to eat.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

We loved this restaurant, the lamb Tagine was the best I've ever eaten. It's was a typical Moroccan style restaurant. No alcohol severed but it just didn't matter as the traditional lemonade was exceptional,it was green in colour, not sure why but it was great. Would defiantly go back.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

My wife and I enjoy Moroccan food and it was a treat discovering this restaurant. The food is fresh, tasty, and well-prepared. They also gave us very generous portions at very reasonable prices. We shared a humus appetizer (generous helping). My wife had lamb on top of rice and I had chicken on top of couscous with pine nuts and raisins (I don't recall the name of the dishes). Yum!! The service was fabulous and the decor was wonderfully Moroccan, not surprisingly. We highly recommend the Sultan if you're in the mood for something different than the standard Spanish fare.