“Friendly, welcoming and good food at a great price”
Review of Cantina Mexicana Chile Grande - CLOSED

Cantina Mexicana Chile Grande
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Realejo - San Matias
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Great food, great location, great family run business. A rare treat for Granada! My newly wed wife and I had spent 5 days eating out on the Costa del Sol, and we'd been used to the money spinning, unsympathetic restaurant businesses that seem tired of English tourists. But not this one. They were so friendly and welcoming. We learned that this was a family business with a distinct warm family feel. The food was good, and value was a pleasant surprise considering the quality of the layout of the restaurant, it's food, and location. Great food, excellent family of staff, and a welcoming warm atmosphere. Our favorite restaurant in Granada, by a long shot! Thank you for making my wife's day:)

Reviewed February 27, 2011

I have just returned from Granada and was recommended this restaurant by a friend- We had a great evening & the strawberry Margaritas were to die for!! I loved this family run restaurant- I found it fun & the food good. Definately worth a visit. They have a 7 euro menu which I hear is also good. Give it a go!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed September 22, 2010

I went to this restaurant with a party of 15, we were there in birthday celebration mode, the food was to die for and the staff couldn't have been more attentive, I love Mexican food and wasn't dissapointed. I will visit again when next in Granada and would happily recommend it to others looking for the Chilli experince

Reviewed August 23, 2010

really suprised to hear two bad reviews, I have eaten here on many occasions, with my husband and with friends. Always jolly and find the food great. (Incidently to the reviewer who lives in Almeria it is not fahaitas but fajitas )
Also an excellent menu del dia
Thursdays are good with their special deals on margaritas. The quesadillas are to die for as are the chicken fajitas. Great desserts. Am going to Nerja next week and am planning a couple of nights in Granada so will check restaurant to see if it is still good.

Reviewed July 21, 2010

After going to this restaurant I suspect the first two reviews (giving full marks) must be somewhat related to the management of this place. There are a handful of Mexican (or lousy imitations) restaurants in Granada. Their quality is low, in general. But this is the worst one, by far, considering service, ambient, and food. I did not like the food there. They only resembled Mexican dishes in their names, and they were not tasty at al. Besides, they brought to me something different from what I order, and it was not straightforward to convince them to change it.

1  Thank reinga