“Cheap and cheerful, no complaints.”
Review of Hotel Cabello

Hotel Cabello
Ranked #25 of 71 Hotels in Torremolinos
Reviewed June 8, 2014

This was a wee bargain holiday, 4 nights in the hotel. The location is perfect, right next to the beach and all the bars/shops/restaurants etc. A 3 minute taxi gets you up to the train station or a ten minute walk if you want to go further afield. You can also walk left into Torremolinos or right along the Playa Carihuela into Benalmedina.
Only had breakfast one day which was, as other reviews state, a basic toasted roll. Wasn't actually offered breakfast or anything, or given the times of breakfast, communication in that department was lacking but the staff were very courteous and pleasant should you need to ask for anything like an extra pillow or hairdryer (both of which were provided without hesitation).
The bar of the hotel sits in a nice wee square a short hop from the beach and is perfec for sitting relaxing in the shade if you need a break from the sun. The rooms are spotless and cleaned daily with fresh towels povided. Also, I think the bathrooms had been recently done up and you couldn't fault them.
For the price and location you cannot complain at all, the staff are pleasant and friendly and courteous and the rooms are clean. I'd definitely use this hotel again for another bargan break but next time I'd request a room with a view as, our room being at the back of the hotel, we didn't have a view of anything other than some gas canisters and into another couple of rooms windows!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank mokimo81
There are newer reviews for Hotel Cabello

Reviewed May 15, 2014

This Hotel is very very good for the price,

The rooms are very basic but very clean, and the staff are friendly.

We have visited the resort every year for the past 15 or 16 years and often stop at the Cabello for a refreshing drink and always wanted to stay, therefore the Wife and I did just that in Sept, and will definitely return. We stayed B and B Continental breaky was great, sit out side just 50 mtr from the beach, tranquillity....will be sat there again in June and July

Cannot fault it in any way

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Bitson
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I will start by saying this is my 4th visit to this hotel and I am hoping to return later on in the year. To me that says it all, lots of repeat visitors.

I went with my partner and 7 year old daughter from 31st march to 5th April. With the exception of the very noisy residents in the room opposite us that we had the misfortune of hearing the arguments , swearing and furniture throwing at all hours, our stay was fantastic and in no way did it put me off staying here, I would just take some ear plug next time!

We had a room at the rear of the hotel which I was initially disappointed with as I love the view of the beautiful fountain and the sunrises over the water, however it was a lot quieter with little or no street noise and marginally bigger. The room was spotless, although basic it fitted our needs with a lovely shower over a half bath, working pleasant air conditioner and comfortable beds. Let's be honest we only showered and slept there.

The staff are very friendly and the same staff that have been there for years. My daughter particularly had a wee shine for Bill who was very patient with her and entertained her on a few evenings!

Please do not judge this hotel on the basis of the reviewer below, we had the misfortune of meeting this man whilst at the hotel and I was disgusted with his attempts to tell me almost word for word what he was going to write as his review on here. As another reviewer pointed out he could have asked for pillows etc. The breakfast is not stale, the coffee served is fantastic, there are plenty leaflets etc in the little cubby holes. The hotel is only officially one star but in my opinion deserves more, he is typical of someone wanting 5* quality at 1* prices.

Cabello we love you and we will return!

Anne Marie, Colin and Reeanne

Room Tip: Ask for a front facing room for the views
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Reesdream
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Let me start by saying that we only paid £29 per night for a double room over the Easter period so I certainly won't be complaining that there wasn't a 3 course breakfast, a swimming pool or sky tv.

I paid budget prices, knowing exactly what I was getting. This was our third visit and little has changed since our first visit 4 years ago. There was the added bonus of free air conditioning which was great. Apparently the rooms have undergone a refurb but I failed to notice this. However, the bathroom was slightly modernised and even had a bidet lol.

The room was very basic with old furniture but it was spotless and the bed was comfy. The staff were polite and the drinks at the bar were very competitively priced compared to some of the bars in the resort. Yes, the breakfast is exactly the same every day, week, month and year but again for the price we paid, we could have eaten elsewhere if needed.

The only thing that we could have benefited from was an electric socket. There was only one in the room and it was the one that the tv was plugged into. Each time we needed to charge something or use the hairdryer, we had to unplug the tv and drape the lead of our appliance from the socket that was high up in the wall.

We had some noisy guests stay here at the same time as us which made us realize how easy the noise travels. I often had trouble sleeping which hasn't happened on previous visits.

The main reason we book this hotel for return visits is its location which is just behind the beach and in a fab spot for sitting outside with a coffee/drink people watching. If your priority is to spend a lot of time in the hotel, this one isn't for you but if you want a cheap and cheerful base, you can't go wrong.

Room Tip: nice views at front but pretty noisy at busy times
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Stayed in this hotel in March and paid £20 for twin room with breakfast. Yes breakfast was a toasted roll but it was not stale. If it was so bad why didn't you go on your trip without it or buy something outside. If you want more jam etc. you only need to ask. My husband likes two pillows so he asked and was given another one no problem. As for maps they are kept in pidgeon holes at bottom of stairs. We asked for one and the lady who works at breakfast time showed us where everything was. The hotel is not advertised as having a lift so maybe it would be an idea to read the hotel description more carefully and if you want toiletries in your room pay for a higher star rated hotel. As for the bin men I don't think any hotel has any control as to their collection time. I do not have any connection to the hotel owners but I get annoyed when people want to pay for a one star hotel and expect five star service. Also if you read the other reviews you'll get an honest opinion. We cant all be wrong

Room Tip: room at front have great view
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank linda m
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I don't know why everyone raves so much about this hotel.
Yes, it is very close to the beach, Yes there are some lovely views from the front of the hotel, Yes the hotel is clean, but as far as anything else is concerned it is very sadly lacking.
There is no lift which means it it not suitable for those who have problems with stairs and for the unwary the only toiletries you are given is a bar of soap - no problem to us as we always carry our own supplies.
The pillow was that thin we had to put coats underneath it so we could get comfortable.

Continental Breakfast - What a Joke!!!!
Firstly it was 9-11am which meant if you went on a trip or day out, you couldn't have breakfast.
One stale roll cut in half and toasted - on some mornings it was that hard it should have come with a government health warning
Two sachets margarine,
One sachet Jam
One tea Bag
One very small measure of milk

There was one poster advertising a show, but there were no other maps, no brochures or
leaflets for attractions in the surrounding area, and when one of the other guests queried about buses to Malaga and Marbella the duty barman/receptionist either didn't know or was too idle to answer. One of the other guests gave them the information they required.

Some reviewers stated that this hotel could be noisy with the school opposite but that was nothing to the noise the bin men made in the early hours of the morning when they collected the rubbish.

This could be a marvelous hotel if the owner and staff woke their ideas up, but I don't think that will happen.
While guests put up with poor and shoddy service and keep giving it the 5 "bullets" on this site they just won't bother

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Gismo2004
Reviewed April 8, 2014

As other reviewers said this is basic accommodation. But great value. Spotless and so close to the beach.
If you're not bothered by having no pool. This is the place to book.
Rooms were made up each day and clean towels everyday.
Breakfast is basic but fills a gap til lunch. Great coffee.

• Stayed: April 2014