“Girly weekend away”
Review of Apartments Buensol

Apartments Buensol
Ranked #51 of 71 Hotels in Torremolinos
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

This is our fourth time at the buensol it's clean staff are polite excellent position shops bars and restaurants . We had two bedroom apts well equipped and comfortable. For the cost it's very good. We will be booking for next year.

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We booked these apartments with an open mind as the reviews were very mixed but i have to say we pleasantly surprised. I have 2 children aged 6 and 11 months when we travelled and wanted to stay close to all ameneties especially the beach. We couldnt have got any closer really its in perfect location a 1 minute walk to the beach and a 5 minute walk to the fabulous marina. The apartments itself were clean and although a bit old fashioned like alot of self catering apartments they did the job for the small amount of time you spend in them, the staff were very helpfull especially the lady in the pool side bar who heated up my sons baby dinner everyday for me although it was my own and not even purchased there. They do a very tasty lunch for €5 which includes a toasted sambo/burger chips and a drink i would definatley recommend. All in all we had a lovely family holiday and would not hesitate to go back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank evalee82
Reviewed September 23, 2012

just back from ten days in these apartments The apartments are large and clean nothing special but are in a great location and cheap Have stayed here three times this year Apartments are directly across from beach and next to marina There are great places to eat and great pubs nearbye

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lenloulog
Reviewed September 5, 2012

These apartments are cheap and cheerful, nothing more, nothing less.
They are old (70s) built but still functional. If you get them at a good price they are worth it.
Apartments - The two bedroom apartments are quite large and have good views of the sea. The higher the floor the better. One bedroom apartments overlook the pool area, but I don’t know what they are like inside. Our apartment had a breakfast bar dividing the kitchen area from the living area and a large double balcony. Two separate bedrooms, with two single beds in each and a shower room. No bath just a shower stall WC and WHB. Adequate for us though might be awkward trying to bathe small children. Other apartments do have baths. Ask when booking if you need one. The living area has a couch that also sleeps two.
Tip - move the dining table and some chairs to the balcony to give more room in the living area if needed, we do this on all holidays.
Location – Excellent. These apartments are located in just about the best place you could want. About 50m from the beach/promenade. 10 minute stroll to the Marina in Benalmadena. A small supermarket right at the front entrance. Numerous other shops, bars, restaurants and supermarkets all around. A good LIDL is also about 500m away if needed, downhill all the way back.
Cleanliness – OK. I found the cleanliness to be just adequate. The apartments themselves need a good overhaul/redecoration, but they were not as bad as we were expecting going by other reports here. Furniture is old and worn but the bed linen and towels were spotless. No bugs or cockroaches were seen at all, which is a must with the women in our party. Public areas were reasonable. Litter was picked up daily etc.
Maid service – We kept out apartment clean so cleaning was not a problem but beds/towels were changed twice in 11 days. I’m sure if you need more you could ask the cleaners but we had enough.
Pool – There are two. A small kiddies and the main pool. The main varies from about 1.2m to over 3.0m (10 feet deep). They are both clean and functional. Cleaned daily.
Restaurant – The pool side bar provides food during the daytime only. This is standard fare of chips and burgers, eggs, hotdogs, etc. They also do a daily special of smoothing like spaghetti Bolognese.
Bar – Pool side bar. Prices reasonable. Glass beer €1.50. Pint €2. Closes at 8-8:30pm on Monday and Tuesday. 12:30 am all other days. Very quiet. I was there at 11pm Saturday night, nobody else there.
Entertainment – Poor. Bird show and reptile show at 7:30pm Saturday and Sundays. Lasts 20mins, just a photo charging exercise, but is free to watch.

Overall – Would I go back? Yes. At the right price i.e., less than €100/night peak season for two bed apt.

Room Tip: Sea View are two bed apts. Pool view for one bed apts. Higher floor for better sea views.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank BreffniBoy
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Just got back from a 5 night break staying here.
It was booked as a last minute deal and after reading some of the reviews on here I have to say I was worried.
However I have no complaints at all.

This was ridiculously cheap and for what we paid, I was expecting a lot worse.
We booked an apartment for 4 people and were made aware that this would be 2 single beds and a double sofa bed. I was a bit dubious about the size/beds, however when we arrived the apartment was a good size and the balcony was huge. The sofa bed was massive too and pretty comfortable.

When we arrived the air con was not on, so we went down to reception and asked for it to be turned on, when we returned to the room later, the air con was working fine. Infact it's really good and you could make the room freezing cold if you wanted to.

The staff were really helpful - told us where to go, looked after our luggage on our last day and will book taxi's for you.

The pool is quite small but we went at the height of summer and could still get sun loungers. The staff even said they will move towels (that have been put there first thing in the morning by other people) for you if there are no beds.

Also people mentioned the noise/groups of teenagers - we didn't have any problems at all and we went in mid august.

Honestly, it's basic and you aren't getting luxury or anything like that but it's right on the beach, there are dozens of dirt cheap bars on the road behind the apartments and the rooms are fine.
I have stayed in a lot worse places and paid more.

Room Tip: We didn't even ask but were given a beach-facing apartment with a huge balcony. I would advise y...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank ljh86
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Just back after spending one week in these terrible apartments, if you booked these I would advise you to cancel. I never really complain and this is my first time posting a review but honeslty place is a kip. If you complain you will get absoutley no where.

*Don't stay here*

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2012

OK honestly this hotel is not for your annual relaxing get away. Its not to pretty, facilities are pretty average, rooms are very dated. But for a hens or stags it'll do just fine. When I was there is was mostly just hens/stags parties staying at the hotel, as far as I could see. I didn't eat in the hotel, don't even know if there was food.

I used the pool and the pool bar...that was it. The barman at the pool bar was cranky, maybe he's sick of his job but it looked like it would kill him to crack a smile. Receptionist was very nice though.

Look I won't sugar coat it, if your going away on a hens/stags and you need a place to put your head this is it. Very reasonably priced, I got what I paid for.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends