“not your everyday experience.”
Review of Crocodile Park

Crocodile Park
Ranked #13 of 48 things to do in Torremolinos
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Hundreds of them to see all sleepy and perfectly still. I found the talk given by the owner opened up a whole new insight to these creatures, there were a few heart pounding moments when he was in the compounds with them but it was clear he was the boss and they respected that but,there was one female in particular who thought otherwise and you held your breathe
knowing how quick she could move and how powerful and to see him but a few feet away armed only with a stick was quite an experience.

We later got to handle a 'baby' which had warm body with the softest belly skin imaginable .....good handbag??

1  Thank lollygoeslarge
Write a ReviewReviews (1,509)
All reviews
in 25 reviews
"talks"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

My visit to the Crocodile Park was the best part of my Holiday I thoroughly enjoyed it. The tour guide was very good, I could instantly see the passion he has and loves working with them. He kept us all up to date with facts and was very professional, however at first I did think it was slightly over priced, but to hold a croc and the gift shop was relatively cheap I couldn't complain.

2  Thank Lee B
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Came here a few years ago with my mate. I love crocodiles so it was class to go to this park I had been as a child many years ago. Highlight was been allowed in to one of the pens with the big daddy and I think it was six of his girls. Truly amazing experience.

1  Thank lovefood134ever
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Went there on the first day of my holiday, expecting nothing more than a few crocodiles by a pond but was very pleasantly surprised indeed.
There is over 240 crocodiles and a few alligators in the park. We were there just in time for the guided tour which I usually despise, but again, it was brilliant. The guide spoke in both Spanish and English, translating everything as he went. He explained their biology, diet, mating habits, etc. He went in the caged ponds and poked them with a big stick to demonstrate how quickly they can snap.

They also have the biggest crocodile in Europe. ''Big Daddy'' as they call him in English is currently 3.5m long, however he used to be 5m long before a fight with another crocodile left him with his tail bitten off. He's also one of the oldest at over 80 years old. He's only been in captivity 7 years, after being caught down in Zambia. Looking at him, you can feel like you've just been to Jurassic Park, he does look ancient. You can really see how old crocodiles are, how they roamed the Earth long before the dinosaurs came and went.

They also have emu, flamings and turtles. It might not sound like much, but it was a great day out.

2  Thank Ewelina_Lena
See more reviews
Reviewed March 28, 2014

It is worth your while taking a couple of hours to visit this place. Check out the tour times as published on their web site, you get the best out of it with the guided tour then take a picture with your own camera holding a young crocodile. The one we got to hold was around two years old and around 4 feet long, for safety his mouth was taped shut hence I still have all fingers intact.

There are many crocodiles to see of various sizes with amazing knowledge from the staff on hand to answer all questions in both Spanish and English. They even had a couple of Alligators for the obvious comparisons. There are ducks, Turtles and even a random Emu as well, give it a go we thoroughly enjoyed our couple of hours here. Oh make sure you get a picture of yourself with your head in the mouth of the giant fake crocodile in the courtyard by the shop.