“Really good fun”

53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Really good fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

A really good fun place to go to pass the afternoon.

My husband has been about 4 times and this was my first visit, he says it doesn't seem to change.

A great please to take the kids and for all to learn something along the way. See everything from tiny crocs to huge beasts. A great guide who doesn't mind getting up close and personal with them either.

Not the cheapest place to go but a place to visit if your ever in any local town.

Visited April 2012

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Surprisingly good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

I was very pleasantly surprised by this crocodile park in Torremolinas on the Costa del Sol in Spain. I have been to one of these crocodile parks before in Spain and it was abysmal but this was quite different. Being winter the crocs were inside in a heated greenhouse type structure. Being cold-blooded they need heat from an external source so were languishing on heated concrete around pools of brakish water, which they prefer. A couple of the enclosures looked crowded but the guide assured us that they like to huddle up in winter to conserve heat. They all looked quite relaxed and as content as a crocodile can look. The guide was obviously knowledgeable and treated the animals with respect, demonstating genuine concern for their welfare. The surroundings in the park were very pleasant, lots of tended plant life. The museum was a bit sparse and the young crocs were not very visible except for the one they bring out for everyone to hold and have their picture taken with it. I was hesitant about this but really, the animal did not seem distressed. I would probably have given the place a higher score if I had visited in summer time when the crocs are outside and the cafeteria had been open. The gift shop was not particularly interesting. The staff seemed friendly. I would go again and I recommend it as an educational and interesting experience.
Oh, and there were lots of turtles and one lonely emu.

Visited December 2012
Forfar, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Winter visit was quiet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

This is great to see up close. The only down side is it was winter so the crocs were inside. Stay for the talk as he made the crocs move and snap and was interesting.

Visited November 2012
Shropshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Croc heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Enjoyed this croc heaven. A huge display of the fine beasts from small babys to giant monsters. Informative guide with an entertaining chat. Even a cafe to have a cup of tea. Would go far to find a better way of spending a day.

Visited September 2012
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

I would recommend visiting this park. I visited with friends and intend to return next year with my young family. I have to say when I visited I did not know a lot about crocodiles but by the time I left I have very good knowledge of their habits etc. The staff who work there are very helpful and are excellent when they give you the tour. I saw a massive croc called Paco and his story alone is very interesting. I also saw little babies. I even held a baby crocodile which was something I never thought I would have the courage to do!! Great value for money and well worth a visit!!

Visited November 2012