“Extremely efficient, friendly, courteous service from very professional staff”
Review of Palm Beach Club

Palm Beach Club
Ranked #43 of 71 Hotels in Torremolinos
Reviewed September 16, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Palm Beach in February, having previously stayed in a very expensive penthouse apartment on the Marina the previous September. There is no comparision in our view, the Palm Beach wins hands down. Rachel and her colleagues are efficient, helpful and courteous without being over friendly. We loved our one bedroomed apartment. We didn't miss having a balcony (it rained most of the week we were there) as we sat quite comfortably by the large windows watching people running through the rain. The apartment was spotless, light and well kitted out with all that we needed and more. We arrive back there this Saturday, can't wait and look forward to seeing the staff again. As for the area, divine, lots to do and friendly people. Favourite place was Boomerang, just opposite the apartments, best sticky ribs ever. I can see us staying at the Palm Beach for many years to come. See you Saturday Rachel. Jill & Andrew Hunter, Cumbria.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mundbyrd

Reviewed September 9, 2010

We have stayed at Palm Beach for several years now, on our own and also with friends and family in adjoining rooms. We have never had cause for complaint. All of the staff are polite and courteous and are always on hand for help and advice for local queries. There is an excellent choice of very good bars and restaurants within a few minutes walk.We will be there again on 15 October for a month and can't wait.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2010

Three generations have enjoyed three holidays in Palm Beach. All at Christmas. That we are returning for a fourth visit ... and hope to continue this tradition says a lot about how pleasant a time we had there. The apartments themselves are clean, airy and comfortable. The self catering aspect of it suit our requirements. A supermarket close by helps in this respect.

One of our party has poor mobility and Palm Beach is well equipped to cater for this; with specially adapted rooms and very accessible points for recharging one's mobility scooter. The bar/restaurant downstairs is easy to get to, also on days one would feel like eating in.

The staff are very professional. They maintain a good balance. They don't get over familiar, but when asked for advice or assistance, they are very helpful.

The location has a lot to recommend it. Palm Beach is close to the beach and the shops and restaurants are also easily accessible.

The younger members of the family love playing snooker out by the swimming pool, having internet access and the friendly atmosphere in the bar on the ground floor.

They also loved visits to nearby Tivoli World (fun park) and the Crocodile Park. Torremolinos is within walking distance and there are also very nice walks along the promenade towards Belmadena.

One of the high points of our holiday last year was the Christmas dinner that was served in the restaurant. The friendliness of the hosts and the other diners and the Spanish twist to meal, made it a very pleasant and memorable occasion.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2010

I have just come across what Corkgurl has written about Palm Beach and don`t recognise it as the same place that my wife and I have been going to for the last 8 years, some times 3 or 4 times. We feel completely at home as soon as we walk through the door. Emma, Rachel and Fermin are more like friends. as are the the cleaning ladies, and nothing is to much trouble for any of them. I thing that Corkgurl is completely out of order in calling Palm Beach as old and grotty. This is patently untrue and I would urge any prospective Palm Beach clients to diregard what she has to say and go and see for yourselves. You WILL NOT be disappointed.
Incidently our next visit is on 2nd November, which can`t come quick enough.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank elgales00
Reviewed July 11, 2010

First at all Palm Beach Club has very good service!!!!!. Rachel & Fermin are excellents!!! They were always willing to help me and answered all my questions. About the room it was always clean and it has very confortable bed. The day that I left to the airport at 6:20 H( June 5th ). The security called me a taxi and it was there in less than 1 minute.
I want to let everybody knows that location is excellent!!!. Supermarket is around the corner and you are steps to chiringuitos, restaurants, etc.!!!!!
I can't wait to come back next year!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2010

We stayed in Palm Beach last week of June, 5 adults one toddler. Definitely not my cup of tea. My heart sank when we pulled up outside. We had three apartments, 2x1bed and one studio. The apts were spotless but we were very disappointed that the one beds had no balcony, the studios did. We didn't pick this up in any of the hotel blurbs or the reviews. We complained at the front desk but were told that we would have to wait a day to change to a studio, as they were the only rooms with balcony. Well when we approached the desk the next day, there was a queue to change, so we didn't bother. We were glad we were only there for a week, as that was really enough in a place as basic as this. In my opinion the place is old and grotty. The pool area was small, it was overlooked on everyside with high rise apts/hotels. But worst of all, directly over the wall was the back of the supermarket on next street. It had continous unbearable noise, with work and deliveries etc. It was similiar to some one standing by the pool, with a sheet of corrugated iron and banging it non stop!! Dreadful! I have to say I wouldn't stay here again. When I saw a sign in the lift saying that dogs must be kept on a lead inside hotel, I thought that was enough, until I actually saw someone get into the lift with a big labrador! yuck!
The location was central, but for me that didn't make up for the grotty surroundings of the apts. An English lady, staying in Palm Beach, had her handbag snached on the road opposite apts one night by two men on a scooter. It was their first night and it was very upsetting for them. La Carihuela promenade is beautiful, restaurants hit and miss, but don't stay at Palm Beach unless you are ok with very basic accommodation and surroundings.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
expatrevo, Manager at Palm Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2010

We are always ready to accept honest critisisms in our effort to improve things for the good of others, that said i am currently rewriting the apartment information on the websites i use to promote palm beach so that others will not be disappointed in the future. Our own web site is clear and our prices for both studios and apartments are the same to compensate for the lack of balcony one the 1 bed apartments.
My receptionist was unable to swap you straight into studios on the sunday you arrived as the cleaners had left for the day and those empty were not clean. I had a note left for me when i arrived on monday at 8am that you wished to swap. I should have come to find you but as the note said you would come to speak to me i just presumed you had decided to stay where you were.
The building is surrounded by H/R apartments and hotels as we are in the central district and there is no space available for parks and gardens.
I have to apologise for the noisy supermarket neighbours, it is not common that they make such a commotion. They were clearing out the basement with a skip and ripping out old shelving units, it was a one off that coincided with your holiday. Their delivery vans dont usually disturb people, they come and go during the night when the supermarket is closed to the public.
I am very proud to point out the previous response comending my staff on how they supported the client who had their wallet snatched.
Your holiday should have been a relaxing time and i am sorry that after a disappointing start things did not seem to get better. I would like to offer you a free weeks holiday in a studio for the same time next year for you to give us a try again. Kindest regards... Rachel

Reviewed June 7, 2010

my wife and i have been staying at the Palm Beach for many years.
We have always enjoyed our stay . the staff friendly and helpful especialy on this visit as i lost my wallet the the help i was given was great. many thanks to Rachel and Emma
thanks again G and S Jones NG17 3HT UK