“Nice hotel!”

Ranked #67 of 71 Hotels in Torremolinos
Moscow, Russia
“Nice hotel!”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Very nice stuff, very clean hotel. Half board was just super!!!
Price per room and half board was very low. For dinner and breakfast very rich selection of food.
Hotel Picasso is located in the center of Torremolinos. At a distance of 1 minute are located all shops and boutiques and the famous shopping street of St. Michael.
Down to the sea just 15 minutes.
You get much more than what you pay for.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Vladimir G

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed March 20, 2014

It was not easy to find but actually not far from airport. We had to ask about directions on the way. It was easy to park car in the street when we arrived. Staff had no smile but was useful and printed my boarding card free of charge. Rom was new painted and as the rest of place cheaply and poorly decorated. It had cheep saving lights that gave a melancholic look to the room and was to POOR for reading. Veranda door wasn't closing properly. There is actually not a veranda but exit to garden or outside area. I was cold during night in the room and heating was possible thru air-condition that was filling the rom with some kind of white dust (TERIBLE!) and was to NOISY to sleep. If you turn off lights the wall outlet would turn off too so I could not charge my phone while trying to sleep (CHEEP) Head part of bed wasn't fixed to the wall so it was making noises (TOO BAD) There is no real sound isolation and even long away from reception I could clearly hear people talking there (NOT GOD) We was checking out early due to early flight from Malaga. There was some system or program malfunction on reception... I decided to leave the place without waiting for checkout receipt since I head rental car to deliver back on the airport and other plans for this morning like buying some breakfast since there was no breakfast for early checkout gests (at approx. 5.30).... At arrival we was presented with coffee machine in the rom (some kind of nesspresso) witch was free of charge but there was only two capsules of espresso. :/ Cleenles was more look a like clean than really clean. All together I would newer call this place a hotel. It is more like a hostel or motel or asylum. I felt myself stupid that I did not find later plane from Malaga so that I could drive from lovely Gaucin early in the morning and keep the feeling of perfect holiday we had there unspoiled by this cheaply and uncomfortable place. Hope some things could improve for "hotel" Picasso Malaga but even then I will never stay there again and I do not recommend this place at all!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DjTZ

Travelers are raving about these Torremolinos hotels

Worksop, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 28, 2012

We were booked into this hotel by the travel agent last march for a long weekend as it was the only place we could get into due to room availablity with children (15 & 11 yr old). It was more Malaga than Torremolinos. 5 mins taxi ride from airport.
Firstly, the hotel was a little old fashioned and run down, but was very very clean. It said it was a 3 star but id say it was more a 2 star by british standards. We wanted only one room so we were not having to pay for an extra room as money was tight. I was pleased with what we got, hubby wasnt as impressed. The staff made our `basic` room very neat and tidy and suitable for all four of us. The rooms were cleaned everyday, which made it feel a little special for us ladies. I couldnt fault the cleaners at all. Also all of the hotel staff were friendly but i noticed couldnt speak a word of english. This is were sign language and plenty of nodding & smiling worked well. Most of the other guests, who were all on a turkey and tinsel weekend, were very friendly indeed. The old ladies loved my little man and i even got invited to a dance in the upstairs ballrooom by an elderly gentleman. That made my son laugh. lol. The pleasent nature of the other guests and locals made it a delight to just be there.
We decided to pay half board. The breakfast was absoloutly devine but we tried the dinner once then decided to pass for the rest of the stay. We just stuck to the breakfasts. This is when it cost us a fortune by eating out for lunch and dinner. Never again shall we fall into this trap. And It wasnt until we were on our last day, that i realised the oldies were making packed lunches, and we were not!
The area were the hotel was situated was very friendly, had a homely feeling due to the carnival and felt very old fashioned but in a nice way. Our view was not too great...no view of beach, town or hills...just flats or rooftops. But every time i looked out of the large doors/windows, i was reminded that i was definately in spain. It was very rustic with cafes and icecream shops. But due to the bad weather, which we were not impresed with as we had only gone for the weekend, we watched plenty of telly...but it was only in spanish. We seemed to have been placed in the real spanish area of Toro, not the tourist end, which caused a little problem with the language barrier.
But overall i thought the stay was very pleasent and made me feel at ease. It was a nice relaxing weekend. But i would not take children back here as i think kids should have a beach or pool nearby. But for adults it was just a lovely environment. I would go back here if i really wanted too but personally, i dont like the costa del sol but the hotel was just nice. Also, it said there was a pool but were abouts it was was a mystery.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Laura B
London
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Stayed at the hotel at the end of the season and got a great deal, you do get what you pay for.

This is a very very basic hotel, you have to leave a deposit for a remote control - not that I did! I had no problems with the staff or the hotel, breakfast like the rest of the hotel is basic, I mainly ate at the local cafe's which offered a lot better standard food. It is a great location 10 minutes from the beach and only minutes from the shops and bars.

Rooms are cleaned daily - beds old and could do with a refurb.

I never got to the pool, to many people!!!

I would check out other hotels if going to Torrie but if you purely what a bed in a room which is safe Picasso is for you.

Room Tip: Ask to stay at the fron of the hotel away from the church!!!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank kevrichi
Aberdeen, Scotland
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I agree with all the reviewers who commented on the hotel pool. This could be a nice area although small if some renovation could be done to it. There were only two broken sunloungers and the area was very uninviting when we went to have a look outside. The beach could potentially be quite a distance away for some people and there is no pool area as such for those who do not want to go to the beach. It wouldnt take much to make the area around the pool a nice alternative to visiting the beach.

Room Tip: The rooms we had looked over the square and we could watch the entertaining at the weekend from the...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Compared to other three star hotels in the area, the Picasso is very poor. The location is good for the shops, the beach is a bit of a walk.
The rooms are very basic and dated although the bed sheets were clean and the beds were made up every day. The tv screen was cracked but did work. The breakfast was not good - hot things were cold and cold things warm! To pay the full listed price for this hotel is scandalous!

• Stayed September 2011
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed August 17, 2011

In Torremolinos you have a little dilemma: either you stay on a beach or prefer the night life and book a hotel in the centre of town. The stairs in between are really a task in a heat.

This time I wanted to find me low-budget hotel in centre of city and Hotel Picasso turn out to be a pleasant surprise. The location is good, by the small square, no access by car in the front, but it only means: a quiet hotel. The only noise came on Sunday from church bells (10m away from my window!) but bells rang on 11 o´clock, so no harm done there.

Room was big and clean. Air condition did work, Would be nice to have a small refrigerator, but it was a hotel, not a apartimentos. Breakfast was included and it was better than in many hotels, but with less than 10 Euros you get better coffee, juice and toast or baguette in many Cafe´s around city.

Stuff at the desk where helpful , even I met only one who could speak English. I would recommend Hotel Picasso for all travellers who prefer spending they money to something else than luxury hotel room, after all: How many hours awake you spend per day in your room? and while you are sleeping, only thing witch matters is a good bed!! ...Well if you are tall, you are in trouble in Spain ; )

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo