Booked as part of a last minute package - just wanted a few days in the sun! Our package included flights from our local airport, transfers and hotel accomdation on half board basis.
General - don't be put off by rather scruffy, dated appearance of the hotel. Our room and bathroom clean and adequate - towels changed regularly, liquid soap and bath foam in dispensers. Balconies rather small - sort of triangle shaped! We had a pool side room above entertainment area which meant a bit noisy until midnight. The pool area had lots of sun beds and poolside bar was a bit compact. Did notice there were always towels on beds from first thing in morning! Didn't bother us as we only use hotel as a base and didn't use pool. One tip if you're not all inclusive avoid buying drinks at the hotel. We only did this once - you get the same plastic "glass" and local drink (ours was Sangria which came out of carton) as is "free" if all inclusive but pay hotel bar prices.
Food - couldn't complain. Breakfast - cereals, fresh and dried fruit, yogurts , cheese and meats plus the usual mix of cooked. Excellent scrambled eggs. Sliced bread available for toast. Hot drinks from machine and fruit juices. Dinner - lots of fresh salad plus varied selection of cooked dishes usually a couple of meat and fish plus pasta and rice. Desserts - ice cream, yogurt, creme caramel etc plus cheese and biscuits. Beer and wine plus soft drinks and water on tap included - a plus! Hot food sometimes wasn't always as hot as we like but there was a microwave available so made use of it! Dishes were regularly re-stocked.
The location of the hotel is is a main street in the commercial centre. A few minutes walk to train station where you can get a train direct to airport (about 10 mins I think),and Malaga. Cost return to Malaga 2.35 euros! We enjoyed a visit there and a look around the cathedral.
The beach is about a 10-15 minutes walk away - lots of touristy shop/ bars on the way. Steep steps down to the beach but there is a lift if you need it at 50 cents per trip. Well worth it on a hot day coming back from beach! Amazing long paved promenade and clean beaches. Lots of good beach side restuarants/bars. Prices in all local restuarants and bars very good. Beer around 2 euros a pint and good wine under 2 euros a glass!
Finally - the Roc Flamingo seems to be a very popular hotel with varied mix of ages and nationalities, mostly Spanish and older. It could be a bit noisy at night - we did have the joy of having a spanish family staying in a "junior suite" next to our room who partied on the balcony until 4 am the first night we were there. A gentle "chat" with them the next day (all very cordial and friendly) reduced the noise slightly the next night (and at least they went to bed about 1 am) and luckily they went home that day!
Although large holiday resorts and hotels are not our usual choice we enjoyed our holiday in Torremolinos and stay at the Roc Flamingo and thought both hotel and resort offered good value for money..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Roc Flamingo is situated in the commercial nerve centre of Torremolinos, Costa del Sol with unbeatable access to the airport and just 10 minutes to El Bajondillo beach. Pablo Ruiz Picasso airport is 8km away and the centre of Malaga 14.8km. Less than 200m away are the train station, bus stop and taxi rank providing easy connections to the airport and Malaga. The Hotel Roc Flamingo is ideal for both business trips and holidays boasting the comforts of an urban hotel with the added advantage of a location in a tourist area. There are 243 bedrooms (renovated), all of which have bathroom, terrace, heating and air conditioning, telephone, safety deposit box (extra charge), satellite TV and WIFI (charge). In our air conditioned restaurant you can enjoy our fantastic buffet with a full range of national and international dishes. You can choose the board arrangements which best suits your needs from Bed and Breakfast up to All Inclusive. The Roc Flamingo also offers parking, conference room for up to 60 people; adults pool and splash pool; massage tent (in summer); garden areas with sun beds; clay sports court and ping pong; and a varied programme of entertainment and shows outside in the summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Roc Hotel Flamingo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Roc Hotel Torremolinos
- Hotel Flamingo Torremolinos
- Flamingo Hotel Torremolinos
- Roc Hotel Flamingo Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain