My boyfriend and I have stayed at this wonderful hotel one week from August 21 to August 27. We arrived by plane and decided to take the train from Malaga International Airport to Torremolinos. Not being familiar with this city, the location of Flamingo hotel was perfect, just round the corner from the train station, walking distance even with some heavy luggage! No need for taxi!
We took the first flight so we arrived to the hotel at 9.00am and they gave us a room (they didn't make us wait until 12) so checking-in was accomplished by the staff in a very friendly, efficient manner.
We found our room furnished and decorated in a very refined, modern style, very spacious and comfy. The bathroom was very clean, excellent warm shower, towels changed daily if you just remember to leave dirty ones in the tub. The air-conditioning/heater in the room worked perfectly!Rooms get cleaned by noon and after a hard night playing and partying, you can have a peaceful afternoon nap.
We found a great deal for bed and breakfast and it was really worth it! The breakfast was ample, with hot eggs, bacon and sausages, as much fruit, yoghurt, toast, orange/pineapple juice and coffee as you like!
Though most hotel visitors at the time were retired Spanish people, everyone was very polite, open-minded and friendly, the atmosphere at the hotel in general calm and relaxed.
They offered different entertainment each night of the week, from flamenco dance to theater and plays, but it was mainly targeted at the older audience.
Upon leaving, we forgot a rather expensive souvenir in our room and only realized it was missing when unpacking back home. We called "Flamingo" and to our astonishment and surpise, not only they found it, but they immediately sent it to us Express Mail free of charge! We know many hotels that wouldn't have been as honest and caring as to go this extra mile for their departed guests!
We definitely recommend this hotel and will book soon to stay there again!
Thank you so much for your hospitality,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Roc Flamingo is situated in the commercial nerve centre of Torremolinos, Costa del Sol with unbeatable access to the airport and just 10 minutes to El Bajondillo beach. Pablo Ruiz Picasso airport is 8km away and the centre of Malaga 14.8km. Less than 200m away are the train station, bus stop and taxi rank providing easy connections to the airport and Malaga. The Hotel Roc Flamingo is ideal for both business trips and holidays boasting the comforts of an urban hotel with the added advantage of a location in a tourist area. There are 243 bedrooms (renovated), all of which have bathroom, terrace, heating and air conditioning, telephone, safety deposit box (extra charge), satellite TV and WIFI (charge). In our air conditioned restaurant you can enjoy our fantastic buffet with a full range of national and international dishes. You can choose the board arrangements which best suits your needs from Bed and Breakfast up to All Inclusive. The Roc Flamingo also offers parking, conference room for up to 60 people; adults pool and splash pool; massage tent (in summer); garden areas with sun beds; clay sports court and ping pong; and a varied programme of entertainment and shows outside in the summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Odigeo, ACCOR, Budget Places and Travelocity so you can book your Roc Hotel Flamingo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Roc Hotel Torremolinos
- Hotel Flamingo Torremolinos
- Flamingo Hotel Torremolinos
- Roc Hotel Flamingo Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain