“A real 4 star.”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Delson, Canada
“A real 4 star.”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This is a clean and quiet hotel. Most of the people are retired. The location is great. Get a full sea view room , it is worth the extra money.
The food is average ,but there are plenty of restaurants near by.
Take a few excursions while there. We did Granada with the Alhambra , Ronda and Marbella. Shopping, go to San Miguel st .in Torremolinos and
you will find something. Leather goods are good buys.

Oh do not forget to eat Tapas and Paella, the local food.

Room Tip: Sea view if possible.
1 Thank Bernie D
jaimefloyer, Manager at Sol Don Marco, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Bernie D,
Thanks for taking the time to review the Don Marco. I am so glad that you had a good trip. I am delighted to see that you got out and explored some of the wonders of historical Andalucía.
Thanks again.
Jaime Floyer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Hungarian first
merseyside
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at all the hotels in this complex,but I must say I prefer the marco out of them all,we stayed in room 2009 and would stay there again no problem,the room was very comfortably decorated bathroom was lovely bath with shower over and in the corner a separate shower cubicle,bathroom was spotless as was also the room,on arrival we were given another room which had no view at all so I spoke to the really helpful man on reception and he gave us 2009, the pool area is also very clean but is very quiet aswell,more going on around the other pool areas but found the round pool to be a bit dirty around the edges think it could do with a re tile!!!!,the position of the hotel is really good as you walk out and the beach is right facing you,and all the little cafes an shops are just outside aswell,the food is lovely my only problem is the lettuce it is a bit bland,but it's my personal preference I like a mixture of colourful lettuce with some rocket mixed in,I don't eat full English but my husband is always disappointed with the sausage but again this is a personal preference, these are minor things to fault this hotel,another good thing is its about 7 to 10 min from the airport 20 euro in a cab after a 2 hour 45 min flight what more can you ask for !!!!!!.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank happyholsmerseyside
jaimefloyer, Manager at Sol Don Marco, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear happyholsmerseyside,
Thank you for your review. I am so glad that you keep coming back to the Sol Dons and that you enjoyed the Marco so much this time. It is possibly the best hotel for couples as it is quieter than the Pedro and Pablo whilst still having access to all the same activities and facilities.
I have noted your comments. We plan to do significant work to the complex of round pools this winter. I hope that you will be back to let us know what you think!
Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Just returned from a week staying in the Don Marco (2nd Floor) overlooking the pool area. This is my second time to the Don Marco and nothing has changed, I would most definatly recommend this hotel to anyone and will certainly be returning hopefully sooner rather than later.

Rooms
The particular room i was in was overlooking the pool area and was of excellent size, the bathroom was rather large and included a shower and bath both seperate which was nice as hotels I have previously stayed in usually have a shower over the bath. The balcony was of an average size and the evening entertainment can be heard from the balcony. I would ask to be overlooking the pool and i would ask if possible to be on the 2 floor or higher on my next return.

Staff
We were greeted by a very friendly member of staff who sorted us with our room. The staff at reception are brilliant and more than happy to help with any query.
The cleaners do a great job and our room was cleaned everyday to a very high standard and all towels were changed daily.
The entertainment staff Johnny, Poli, Maria, Marco Danny and the rest of the team were excellent, the daytime activties were well planned out although it would have been nice for them to come across to the Don Marco pool area and invite people to join. The evening entertaint was fab and we always returned on an evening for the show.
The waiters were always quick to remove any finished plates and culltery although they did have a few minor breakages they were cleaned up almost as soon as they happened.
Security was always present and made the whole complex feel very safe and always spoke when leaving and returning to the complex.
Although I never used the spa, I did pop in and the staff again were very helpful and friendly.

The food is in a buffet sytle and always had an excellent variety of food - I was particulary impressed with the Italaian section on an evening. The breakfast buffet was again an excellent variety of food, although the sausage was not to my taste but everybody is different.
You can dine in the sister hotel although I personally never did so I can not comment on the food but if it was the same as the Don Marco it will have been impressive.

Pool area
There is a range of pools in the hotel complex and guests can use them all. All pool areas are kept clean and tidy, there is no need to get up ealy for a sunbed as if you came down at 2o'clock you would be able to get a sun bed. I suppose in the school holidays this would be a little bit different. Pool towels can be hired from the little pool shack located in the Sol Don Pedro pool area.

Area
The Don Marco is located on the beach front and within a 10 minute walking distance to the centre of Torrismolinos. There is a variety of shops and bars on the doorstep of the hotel and just a short walk from the hotel a little arcade area with mini golf facilities and for a mear 5 euros each it was well worth it.
Benalmadena is within a 20 minute walking distance from the Don Marco and is a lovely walk along the sea front although we walked there and got a taxi back to the hotel which cost 10 euros. The aiprot is within a 20 minute drive and if you did not have transport booked then a taxi would set you back 15 euros which is worth it as booking through a tour operator we had to wait over an 1 hour for our airport transfer.

Overall
I will certainly be returning to the don marco hotel and would recommend it to anybody. The hotel complex is in a fantastic location with very friendly staff and with excellent cleanliness throughout the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms over the pool are excellent,
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
9 Thank xB1x
jaimefloyer, Manager at Sol Don Marco, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear xB1x,
Thank you for your really in-depth review. I am so glad that you like the hotel so much and I really hope that we see you again in the future.
A small comment regarding the entertainment: The Don Marco is the quieter of the three hotels in the complex so the entertainment crew deliberately don't invade the space. There is full information in the lobby about all the activities but Marco guests can easily opt out if they don't want to participate.
Thanks again.
Jasime Floyer.
s.wales
Reviewed September 13, 2013

arrived for a short 4 day stay last Saturday(1.30 pm for managerial reference !)
and were greeted- not! by a young receptionist who appeared oblivious to our presence and focused on her computer without even an hola or a smile which would have been most appreciated. Eventually after several minutes she spoke to us and with acceptable manner issued us with our room key.
However I am pleased to report that every other member of the hotel staff were polite and friendly.
As for the room and hotel facilities and cleanliness, we were generally impressed, particularly with the beautiful garden area around the Don Pablo restaurant.
We enjoyed the entertainment with the exception of the Diamonds are Forever duo who simply mimed to taped music !!(no talent required for this) in stark contrast to the very professional Jersey Boys tribute and Ricky the Welsh vocalist. The hotel entertainments team also gave an entertaining performance of Grease(despite more miming).
On checking out we were billed for drinks we had not ordered or received. We declined to pay and the only explanation we were given for the error was that other guests may have declared the incorrect room number? Surely a signature system should be operable to prevent such an error.
Despite the two negatives, I would happily and confidently recommend this hotel complex to future visitors.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank taffgeoff
Dear taffgeoff,
Thank you for your review with both positive and constructive comments. It is great to see that you enjoyed your stay and I appreciate your recommendation to others to visit. I am sorry about your welcome. Your comment certainly helps us in focusing our training! With regards to the entertainment, we have some great entertainers and our in-house team get a lot of positive feed-back from our guests. It is useful to hear your opinion for future reference though when we come to contracting. Thank you very much.
I hope that you might possibly take up your own recomendation and visit us again sometime.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Just returned from a week`s stay at the Sol Don Marco which is part of the Sol Don complex in Torremolinos. Upon arrival we received an upgrade to a room in the Don Marco having booked a room in the Don Pedro. The staff very kindly gave us a room exactly as we had requested - high floor, quiet and with a nice view. We were able to use all the facilities in the three hotels which was an added bonus. The hotel is kept very clean and is in a good position opposite the beach and within walking distance of the centre of Torremolinos. The food was quite good although we have had better in other four star hotels. Only one complaint. On our third morning we went for breakfast and found a cricket in the teapot - YES A CRICKET. The waiting staff sent for the manager who told me that they had some Finnish trainees in the kitchen and the cricket had probably been put in the teapot as a practical joke. Sorry but I did not find this funny! However, I would still recommend this group of hotels and would certainly recommend travelling with Jet2.

Room Tip: Room 4026 in the Sol Don Marco was very quiet
2 Thank Joyce B
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Excellent hotel in a prime position just across the main road to the beach.
Room (5th floor) was best I have stayed in for a hotel, the bathroom especially.
Food was very good.
Torremolinos was not so good, a little tired and unclean (beach/sea) but the hotel is fab.

Room Tip: I was in room 5008 and it was excellent ( huge bathroom and huge patio with 2 sun loungers).
1 Thank chris2pherj321
Burnley, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

My sister and I stayed here for four nights in late August and could not fault the establishment. We stayed on the top floor after requesting a quite room for some long awaited rest bite, where the room was cleaned daily, with a huge balcony housing a table, chairs and sun beds. The receptionists are most friendly and extremely helpful. There are a number of choices of pool area, we choose the smaller quieter pool - no issues getting a sun bed late morning or mid afternoon. Excellent breakfast arrangement, much food and choice! The beach was just across the road with shops, cafes, etc on the doorstep too. The hotel was a 20 minute walk down to the rock of the resort where you will find cheaper bar prices and some excellent beach restaurants. Would stay again most definitely in the same room (if the price was right ;)). Thanks to Jamie (manager) and his team who are doing a sterling job keeping an happy ship. Thank you

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Di1207
jaimefloyer, Manager at Sol Don Marco, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear di1207,
I am delighted that your much-needed rest was all you had hoped for. I appreciate you taking the time to let other know and very much hope that we see you back again in the future for more R&R.