I stayed at this Hotel for 10 nights with my 2 children, 2 babies and my father.
I found the Hotel very clean and tidy. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. There was a daily maid service, these ladies work very hard and always had smiles on their face and hummed whilst cleaning :)
My children enjoyed the kids club and evenings activities, lots of which was spoken in Spanish.
If you get to see the eagle show, be prepared to pay 15€ to have a photo taken, this isn't advertised anywhere and you only find out when you get to the front of a very long queue! The man taking the money is also extremely rude!!
We stayed half board and were able to eat in this hotel one of the others in the complex. I will say the food in the other Hotel was nicer - not that I liked much of what was on offer. Self catering would have been better for us.
Downsides if travelling with babies... There are no baby changing facilities around the Hotel, many toilets but not changing tables. Didn't think it was right to do it on a sunbed so had to keep going back to our room.
The nearest pool to us had a bar but wasn't actually open/used. Would have been nice to have that. The pools were salt water. Not always pleasant.
Be prepared to pay silly money for drinks, 2.45 for a small glass of Coca Cola
Los of steps to access other pools, nightmare with 2 buggies
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol by Melia present Sol Don Marco, has a privileged location, right on the Bajondillo beach promenade, in Torremolinos (Malaga), part of the Sol Don Hotels complex together with Sol Don Pedro and Sol Don Marco. Is the perfect choice for relaxing with your partner and having fun on the Costa del Sol. Magnificent rooms decorated in a modern style, with a balcony and views of the sea, the pools or to the hotel gardens. 22 inch LCD TV satellite, desk, telephone, terrace / balcony, mini bar (*), safe (*) and full equipped bathroom with bath and separate shower or with a shower, hairdryer, magnifying mirror. All the rooms are for non-smokers except those on the second floor. Wide and varied day and night entertainment program, in Sol Don Pablo y Sol Don Pedro. Sol Don Hotels Complex has 6 outdoor swimming pools for adults, 2 children's outdoor pools, 1 indoor heated pool in winter (in Sol Don Pablo) and 2 hot tubs, surrounded by gardens and overlooking the sea. Different dining areas (Restaurant Casares, Cordoba Restaurant, Bar Bangkok, Bar Andalucia, Bar Patio, Bar Romano and pool bar); free internet connection (WIFI) throughout the hotel; Internet corner (E - point) (*); Public and Private parking (*); Spa and Hairdresser (*); Convention Center with 10 meeting rooms and can accommodate up to 500 people (*). A few minutes from the center of Torremolinos and close to the airport, Malaga and Puerto Marina. (*) With charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sol Don Marco by Melia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Don Marco Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Hotel Don Marco
- Sol Don Marco By Melia Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain