Sol Don Marco by Melia
Melia Costa del Sol(Torremolinos)
$185
$94
  • Pool
Sol Principe by Melia(Torremolinos)
$210
$189
  • Beachfront
Sol Don Pablo by Melia(Torremolinos)
$181
  • Beachfront
Hotel Zen Airport(Torremolinos)(Great Value!)
$84
$126
$105
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Sol Don Pedro by Melia(Torremolinos)
$175
$157
  • Pool
Sol House Costa del Sol by Melia(Torremolinos)
$211
$129
$123
Priceline
1,025 results
All reviewsdon pabloother hotelsnumerous poolshalf boardsea viewdining roomsister hotelacross the roadwhole complexlovely hotelsea frontbed and breakfastsun loungersplenty of sunbedsout of seasonlovely roomstaff at reception
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Just back from a last minute 4 night break at this hotel. Emailed hotel direct before arrival to ask for a late dinner and high floor room. Both of which they said they would do their best to accomodate. We did get dinner on arrival and a room on the 3rd floor which was adequate. For me the meals in the hotel were slightly disappointing for a 4star hotel and considering the reviews (we stayed half board). Entertainment team were excellent and we enjoyed everything they put on. Perfect location, just a stroll across the road to the beach. Lots of pools to lie at including an adult only one which unfortunately had children in it every day we were there. I have grown up children but sometimes it is nice on holiday to have a child free zone.
For reference please note that on our last day lying at the pool my hat went missing when we were away for lunch and the couple next to us had a book taken! Seemed strange but I thought hotel should know they had someone taking things. I was disappointed that they really didn't seem interested or bothered. I would definately return to this hotel on a bed and breakfast deal and perhaps stay in the Don Pablo.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
jaimefloyer, Manager at Sol Don Marco by Melia, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Dear mrsscottie,
Thanks for taking the time to review the Sol Don Marco. I am glad that in general you really liked the hotel. I do take note of your comments however.
I am sorry to hear about your hat. It had not heard about the incident and it seems rather upsetting. As you will have been aware, we take great care with security and are very keen that our guests should feel secure in the grounds of the complex.
I apologise if you were not happy with the restaurant. As you mention, we tend to get positive reviews about the food both online and through our internal quality controls and I would love to know if there was something in particular that we could improve on.
The adult-only pool should be policed by the life guard and this obviously has not been happening. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention and will take care to enforce this in future.
I do hope that we see you back in the Sol Don Hotels complex in the future.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

My husband & I stayed at the Don Marco for 1 week from 25th July to 1st August. When we arrived we were amazed by the entrance to the hotel & the beautiful lobby at the hotel reception, which was great first impressions. We were greeted by a very friendly member of staff who sorted us with our room. The staff at reception are brilliant and were willing to help with any query we had. We had a sea view room which was perfect overlooking the sea well worth paying extra for. The rooms were beautiful and were a perfect size as well as the en-suite. Our room was cleaned everyday to an extremely high standard and all towels were changed every day. The breakfast buffet was impressive. Plenty of choice and it was all delicious. But don't leave it to late for breakfast as it got very busy around 10 o'clock and people had to wait until a table became available. There is 9 pools at the complex and plenty of sun beds so it was always easy to get a bed at any time of the day. The hotel is located in front of the beach, a few steps away and a short walk to the main shopping streets via the lift (which only costs 50 cent each) which is perfect! I will definitely without a doubt be returning to this outstanding hotel in the future!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Davinastuart09
jaimefloyer, Manager at Sol Don Marco by Melia, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Dear Davinastuart09,
Thanks for your review. I really look forward to your next visit. It is true that in July and August most guests tend to come down to breakfast towards the end of the service and we can have a hold-up at the door whilst we assign tables. The wait is never too long though.
Come again soon!
jaime Floyer.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Once again stayed at the Don Marco complex. We go at least twice a year for a few nights R&R as we holiday in a very quiet village and it is nice to go there for a treat.
Had a lovely room overlooking the pool area and when we go in winter are given an upgrade without a request.
Food is excellent with plenty of choice and you can also eat in the sister hotel Don Pablo which has a lovely open conservatory and has a different buffet menu.
This complex is in an excellent position near beach and also a short distance from the main shopping area. There is a very handy lift to take you up to street level to shops.
Staff are extremely friendly and efficient and a special mention of Manager Jaime Floyer who welcomes you like an old friend and that is why so many like ourselves choose to go back to the Don Marco .

Room Tip: Usually request a room on higher floor as like to overlook pool areas and listen to cabaret.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks GlasgowCatLovers,
Come back soon.
Best regards,
jaime Floyer-

Reviewed August 4, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at the Don Marco for 9 nights from 24th July to 2nd August and enjoyed an excellent holiday. I was a little apprehensive due to this not being our usual type of holiday (we tend to go for the quiet less touristy kind of holidays). However it was fine, no problems at all anywhere and the beaches (15 mts from the hotel) are very well maintained with excellent facilities. The hotel was spotlessly clean throughout and our room was a good size with a fabulous shower, the television had a few English channels (BBC, Channel 4 & others). Each room has its own air conditioning unit which does not turn off when you take the key out so you have full control and with temperatures of up to 40 degrees it was a godsend. The restaurants offered a wide variety of choice and we always found something lovely to eat.This hotel is one of three in the complex and you can use all of the facilities and any of the 9 pools. These pools are salt water pools and were very clean. We always got a sunbed even though some sad people were putting towels out at 7 o'clock for example one family put towels on 8 or 9 beds every morning right next to the pool and would arrive late morning for an hour and disappear till 6 o'clock. My only gripe (probably an English thing) is the lack of tea/coffee making facilities in the room and that we asked for a sea front room and did not get one. My daughter was chatted up by three of the waiters all old enough to be her father LOL! Hilarious! We didn't make use of the entertainment but we could hear it and it sounded good, it tended to start at 10 pm every night, we feel it didn't need to be as loud as it was and maybe could be lowered a decibel or three. The staff and entertainment team members were all very friendly and enthusiastic. WiFi charges are ridiculous but plenty of the cafes and bars had free WiFi. I would recommend this hotel and this area of Torremolinos and will definitely return to the area, another bonus was the journey from Malaga airport took only 10 minutes.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room (for the views) and as far from the entertainment stage as possible.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
jaimefloyer, Manager at Sol Don Marco by Melia, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear nannyloulou,
Thank you for your comprehensive review of your recent stay. I am so glad that you had a great holiday despite being a little apprehensive at the outset! The Sol Don Hotels complex is very big but I think that the success is largely due to there being 3 separate hotels on the grounds and lots of room within the complex for our guests to spread out and not be on top of eachother.
Please just let me make a small clarification; there is free WiFi in the bar and lobby areas of all three hotels in the complex. If guests wish to upgrade to be able to use the WiFi in the rooms then there is a charge.
Thanks again for your review and please come again.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Good hotel with a good location close to the beach. There are 3 hotels in the complex to share facilities. Good evening entertainment and food, which was buffet style with plenty of choice. Plenty of sunbeds around the many pools and easy to get one.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple