We chose the Sol Don Marco for a 5 night New Year's Break in the sun ( we hoped !) The rooms were ready when we checked in with the exception of the double-bedded one for which we had to wait until after lunch time. This was on the top floor with a sea view and a sun terrace rather than a balcony. All 3 rooms were very comfortable with reasonable sized bathrooms.
The food offered at the breakfast and evening times was plentiful and gave a good choice for all. The restaurant was busy but if you varied your arrival there was always a table to be had. We had to search sometimes as we were a party of 6 but there was no great problem.
The New Year's Eve Gala Meal was excellent with a free bar and entertainment. This was €118 per person but was New Year after all.
The entertainment was varied both in style and location with the adjacent Don Pedro and Don Pablo hotels offering their lounges for clients rather than the Don Marco.
The clientele were mixed with " golden oldies" like our party and younger groups with quite a few families there. A good mix with some Americans being there for an extended vacation - and ,yes, the sun did shine throughout our stay - a welcome break from our miserable damp British weather.
There is a charge for Wi Fi which is offered free in some other Melia hotels.
Finally, the staff - nothing was too much for them with a pleasant attitude at all times. The bar staff and restaurant staff worked their socks off. Although the restaurant was self service, the staff were quick to clear tables and make things less cluttered. Bar service was provided by waiters as well as self service and were excellent at their job
We would return to the Don Marco without hesitation for the reasons given plus it's prime position opposite the beach. Very enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol by Melia present Sol Don Marco, has a privileged location, right on the Bajondillo beach promenade, in Torremolinos (Malaga), part of the Sol Don Hotels complex together with Sol Don Pedro and Sol Don Marco. Is the perfect choice for relaxing with your partner and having fun on the Costa del Sol. Magnificent rooms decorated in a modern style, with a balcony and views of the sea, the pools or to the hotel gardens. 22 inch LCD TV satellite, desk, telephone, terrace / balcony, mini bar (*), safe (*) and full equipped bathroom with bath and separate shower or with a shower, hairdryer, magnifying mirror. All the rooms are for non-smokers except those on the second floor. Wide and varied day and night entertainment program, in Sol Don Pablo y Sol Don Pedro. Sol Don Hotels Complex has 6 outdoor swimming pools for adults, 2 children's outdoor pools, 1 indoor heated pool in winter (in Sol Don Pablo) and 2 hot tubs, surrounded by gardens and overlooking the sea. Different dining areas (Restaurant Casares, Cordoba Restaurant, Bar Bangkok, Bar Andalucia, Bar Patio, Bar Romano and pool bar); free internet connection (WIFI) throughout the hotel; Internet corner (E - point) (*); Public and Private parking (*); Spa and Hairdresser (*); Convention Center with 10 meeting rooms and can accommodate up to 500 people (*). A few minutes from the center of Torremolinos and close to the airport, Malaga and Puerto Marina. (*) With charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Orbitz, Evoline ltd and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sol Don Marco by Melia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Don Marco Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Hotel Don Marco
- Sol Don Marco By Melia Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain