got there was dealt with promptly given room on 4th floor, not as big as i thought it would be from photos not much room to put clothes, we had to use shelves they where covered in fluff had not been cleaned for some time. Wife went to reception, who changed our room slightly bigger with seperate shower still not much room for clothing,head of house came to our room, once again there was areas with fluff she brought the cleaner in to clean again apoligising.The enterance area to the don marcos is a nice area but as others have said it isnt open you use the don p.several pool areas which take time to find, entertainment on every night didnt go.The food in particular the cuts of meat are the best i have had in a buffet style hotel, the breakfast is expansive,stopped half board. asked if we could change for lunch one day as we had booked a restaurent, no problems at all , which was good thing.There are several english channels on the tv but you have to look for them .there is a bus stop outside the hotel for the urbano L2 be aware it doesnt always go along to the melia so check the time table for that punctuality is not very good due to the drivers having conversation with each other at the treminus, where you can get the L1 to caraheilla, be wary as the bus goes off at 2200 hrs.and the taxi for 4 minutes ride cost 7 euros a total rip off and as such we didnt use taxis around the resort again.A small irish bar,irish affair, outside is worth a look it has on the signpost probably the worst irish bar in the world, the signs in side are worth reading as they are a good laugh, was there on thursday to be greeted with a sign saying closed back in three minutes if not read again. The front prom is very nice there is work going on at the moment but still is a nice walk. All in all had a good time there would like to go to the caraheilla area next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol by Melia present Sol Don Marco, has a privileged location, right on the Bajondillo beach promenade, in Torremolinos (Malaga), part of the Sol Don Hotels complex together with Sol Don Pedro and Sol Don Marco. Is the perfect choice for relaxing with your partner and having fun on the Costa del Sol. Magnificent rooms decorated in a modern style, with a balcony and views of the sea, the pools or to the hotel gardens. 22 inch LCD TV satellite, desk, telephone, terrace / balcony, mini bar (*), safe (*) and full equipped bathroom with bath and separate shower or with a shower, hairdryer, magnifying mirror. All the rooms are for non-smokers except those on the second floor. Wide and varied day and night entertainment program, in Sol Don Pablo y Sol Don Pedro. Sol Don Hotels Complex has 6 outdoor swimming pools for adults, 2 children's outdoor pools, 1 indoor heated pool in winter (in Sol Don Pablo) and 2 hot tubs, surrounded by gardens and overlooking the sea. Different dining areas (Restaurant Casares, Cordoba Restaurant, Bar Bangkok, Bar Andalucia, Bar Patio, Bar Romano and pool bar); free internet connection (WIFI) throughout the hotel; Internet corner (E - point) (*); Public and Private parking (*); Spa and Hairdresser (*); Convention Center with 10 meeting rooms and can accommodate up to 500 people (*). A few minutes from the center of Torremolinos and close to the airport, Malaga and Puerto Marina. (*) With charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prodigios Interactivos SA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sol Don Marco by Melia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Don Marco Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Hotel Don Marco
- Sol Don Marco By Melia Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain