We got a great deal through Ba.com holidays. Flights and half board for £150 each for 4 nights. The hotel is situated on the beachfront. We got a train from Malaga than a cab to the hotel which costs 7E. Much cheaper then cab. We were given a smoking room which was asked for with balcony overlooking the pool. Room was clean and bathroom a great size....both a bath and a seperate shower. The food for half board was excellent. No complaints from us. We asked for an iron and board. Only to be told there are no ironing boards in any of the 3 hotels (which are connected). Our half board was in the Pedro hotel as the hotels were quiet, which was fine. I think we were the youngest at the hotel, the entertainment was geared to the older clientele who were staying. However, we went into town everynight. As it rained non stop for 4 days, there is little to do during the day in Torremolinos. We took a train to Fuengirola and stayed for about an hour as the rain continued to lash it down!
Would I stay here again?
YES. (but in summer!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol by Melia present Sol Don Marco, has a privileged location, right on the Bajondillo beach promenade, in Torremolinos (Malaga), part of the Sol Don Hotels complex together with Sol Don Pedro and Sol Don Marco. Is the perfect choice for relaxing with your partner and having fun on the Costa del Sol. Magnificent rooms decorated in a modern style, with a balcony and views of the sea, the pools or to the hotel gardens. 22 inch LCD TV satellite, desk, telephone, terrace / balcony, mini bar (*), safe (*) and full equipped bathroom with bath and separate shower or with a shower, hairdryer, magnifying mirror. All the rooms are for non-smokers except those on the second floor. Wide and varied day and night entertainment program, in Sol Don Pablo y Sol Don Pedro. Sol Don Hotels Complex has 6 outdoor swimming pools for adults, 2 children's outdoor pools, 1 indoor heated pool in winter (in Sol Don Pablo) and 2 hot tubs, surrounded by gardens and overlooking the sea. Different dining areas (Restaurant Casares, Cordoba Restaurant, Bar Bangkok, Bar Andalucia, Bar Patio, Bar Romano and pool bar); free internet connection (WIFI) throughout the hotel; Internet corner (E - point) (*); Public and Private parking (*); Spa and Hairdresser (*); Convention Center with 10 meeting rooms and can accommodate up to 500 people (*). A few minutes from the center of Torremolinos and close to the airport, Malaga and Puerto Marina. (*) With charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sol Don Marco by Melia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Don Marco Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Hotel Don Marco
- Sol Don Marco By Melia Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain