“Well worth a visit if you are in this area!”
Review of Caliu Restaurant

Caliu Restaurant
Reserve with
Caliu Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 720 Restaurants in Torremolinos
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit if you are in this area!”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Have stayed in this area a lot of times but were drawn by the 15 euro set menu for four courses, very tempting, before the appetiser we had bread rubbed with tomato and garlic and a spicy sausage which was very tasty, the four course were excellent, good quality and plenty of food to eat. Once you asked for the bill you were given a coffee liquor and baileys liquor and sweets. The service was very attentive and the ambiance very intimate, we did not realise there were tables upstairs but there was plenty of room if people are put off by the smallness of the downstairs, we will go again and would definitely recommend.

• Visited December 2013

• Polish first
Malaga, Spain
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ok restaurant for a holiday maker”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We got rosada with ali oli which came with some side vegetables. Everyhting was ok cooked if a little bit bland. Paying a premium for a fish plate, one expect a very good quality but is was just all right, not more than that..
The dessert was all right but probably not homemade.

• Visited November 2013
“So good would make me go back to Montemar so I could eat here again!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I booked a last minute break to Spain and as we had never been to this area before we were unsure what to expect of the food. Wow were we impressed by this restaurant!

I simply could not fault it! We initially looked at this restaurant as it looked beautiful inside. Lovely table linen, private little garden area with candles everywhere (very romantic) and elegant wine glasses. So we had a peek at a menu.

I can't imagine there is anyone who could not find something on this menu that they like. I could have eaten it all and almost did. We were very hard pushed to find anywhere else that the food, ambiance and service came close so we ate here six times during our holiday and were never disappointed!

Some of the food highlights:

The croquettes were delicious, I miss them now I am home

Anything with the pork in was gorgeous! Much higher quality pork than anything I've had in the UK

The langoustine and ham casserole as a starter to share was a definite highlight, so succulent and a great balance of flavours

My husband can not stop raving about the cheesecake with honey too!

I could keep going but I would be here all day! Also I don't want to spoil any of the lovely little surprise touches.

Wine: if you are unsure what wine to order ask Tony, one half of the very talented and gracious couple who own this restaurant. He is very knowledgeable about his wine list and will not steer you wrong. We enjoyed all the wines we tried but the Muga is particular is an excellent wine. The whole wine list is excellent value for money also.

Ambiance: as I've already said it is very romantic. We sat outside every night and loved the soft lighting and candles. It really is very pretty!

Price: we were on a budget this holiday and found this restaurant to be excellent value for money! Food and wine were both very reasonably priced.

Service: I don't even know where to start. I guess just to say it was amazing!

Tony, thank you and your wife so much for the hospitality during our holiday! We were made to feel so welcome and had an amazing time. We will definitely be back!

3 Thank afudge
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Last meal of hol and the best was saved till last!!”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We were staying in apartments just opposite and I happened to notice this little restaurant (to be honest it was the trip advisor logo that caught my attention). We had already promised my two young boys chinese at the favourite resturant so this was to be our last meal on the saturday night and I have to say we were not disappointed. As said earlier I had my two young boys so starters were off the menu. I ordered fillet of pork from acorn fed pigs and my dad chose the fillet steak. we had already made an agreement to go halves and I really couldnt choose between the two, they were fab but what i impressed me was my younger son ordered spaghetti with tomato sauce OMG mouth drooling just thinking about how fresh all the ingredients were. My older son ordered a pizza and once again this did not disappoint as did my son's behaviour in a grown up restuarant!! As others we were offered the appetizer which was gorg and prepared and presented beautifully. Thanks so much for making our last meal of a great holiday GREAT.
I would also like to point out after reading other reviews, the service is brilliant, yes you do get the attention whilst ordering but whilst you savour all the beautiful, tasty food you have ordered you are just left to ENJOY!!!!

• Visited October 2013
“Best meal we have had this holiday”
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Four of us dined here tonight (4th) Oct and we all enjoyed our meal. We shared the beef salad starter and even those in the party who don't like rear meat liked it. We all opted for filet steaks for the main course. Each was cooked exactly as we had asked and all were very tender and tasty and a very generous size. There is a good desert menu and the wines were very good
We also got a type of garlic bread and Spanish sausage as a pre starter and a Baileys and coffee liquor free of charge. The device was good and very friendly, and the ambience was attractive and welcoming