“Confused and Inconsistent Quality”
Review of Matahambre

Matahambre
Ranked #433 of 738 Restaurants in Torremolinos
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Have been past this restaurant many times over the past few years, it's always been busy so not able to get a table. Today it was not so I gave it a try. A very diverse menu with no linking theme other than tapas. So samosas to salmon wraps, very strange. I found most the food quite expensive, an overdone course of small lamb kebab skewers was €6.The best value and the most tasty were an imaginative selection of blinis at €1.75 each. The house wine was excellent and good value. Go for the wine and blinis, have your main meal elsewhere.

1  Thank roger000

Reviewed May 9, 2013

They clearly do not employ enough staff. Although good they were run ragged. Very busy, had to sit outside which spolit it a little as the interior is charming. Closed on a sunday and Monday...I thought there was a recession??

1  Thank TerryMack
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Great ambience, perfect location and value for money to boot! We were a big group and our order was taken very ifficiently and delivered correctly. Can't fault this place or the staff really. Most assuredly above average everything; you can't go wrong in going here!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

The Matahambre we ate at was in Torremolinos. It looked cool, chic and interesting; the waiters in brown and cream uniforms, a nice corporate touch. The menu (we were only given one) promised ever so much with its narrative. Fusion food influenced by Momma's home cooking and wide travels.The blinis were as bland as the indifferent staff who were serving them. The beef and pepper sandwich promised much but didn't deliver. My partner had breaded chicken strips with sweet sauce dip very similar to a familiar high street chain that sells chicken in buckets. The restaurant was busy so something was happening there. It happened to us later in the early hours - several trips to the bathroom and an emergency trip to the Pharmasist the next day.

1  Thank John Y
Reviewed July 2, 2012

After stumbling out from Calle San Miguel on to this fine restaurant, me and my wife decided to make this our "last supper" in Torremolinos. At least this year. And what a delight it was, now we can leave knowing that you can make a little trip to (food)heaven.

We started our journey with blini - I got one with foie and she had one with crab meat. Both were exellent and we both started smiling. Yes, the food was smiling-good.
When finishing the blini we got our next dish which was Iberian prosciutto on a bread with mixed tomatoes and olive oil. The ham was superb and my wife liked the tomatomix very much.
Next up came the scewers, we ordered 2 with moorished lamb. At the same time we got our next dish which was salmon rolled up with cream cheese in it. The scewers were good but maybe should have come with some sauce. On the other hand the salmon was really good, even better than really good, exceptionally good. Me and my wife had to "fight" over the last bite. After such a pleasant meal you just have to have a dessert. I had a classic chocolate brownie with vanilla ice-cream and chocolate sauce. It is a long time since I´ve had such a fresh and surprise vanilla ice-cream, delicious! My wife had a caramel cheesecake with cinnamon ice-cream. She loved it but sadly couldn´t finish it because she was full. Luckily I had enough space so I got to taste her too. I just have to say that the cinnamon ice-cream was very good and always nice when tasting something for the first time and it taste so good.

This is definitely a place you must try out, especially when the food is as good as they make it. And yeah, we only paid just over 40 Euros + tips for the whole meal.

What a delight!