“Should have eaten my Hat Hombre !” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Matahambre

Matahambre
Ranked #219 of 660 Restaurants in Torremolinos
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Should have eaten my Hat Hombre !”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

The Matahambre we ate at was in Torremolinos. It looked cool, chic and interesting; the waiters in brown and cream uniforms, a nice corporate touch. The menu (we were only given one) promised ever so much with its narrative. Fusion food influenced by Momma's home cooking and wide travels.The blinis were as bland as the indifferent staff who were serving them. The beef and pepper sandwich promised much but didn't deliver. My partner had breaded chicken strips with sweet sauce dip very similar to a familiar high street chain that sells chicken in buckets. The restaurant was busy so something was happening there. It happened to us later in the early hours - several trips to the bathroom and an emergency trip to the Pharmasist the next day.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank John Y

Kópavogur
“What a delight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

After stumbling out from Calle San Miguel on to this fine restaurant, me and my wife decided to make this our "last supper" in Torremolinos. At least this year. And what a delight it was, now we can leave knowing that you can make a little trip to (food)heaven.

We started our journey with blini - I got one with foie and she had one with crab meat. Both were exellent and we both started smiling. Yes, the food was smiling-good.
When finishing the blini we got our next dish which was Iberian prosciutto on a bread with mixed tomatoes and olive oil. The ham was superb and my wife liked the tomatomix very much.
Next up came the scewers, we ordered 2 with moorished lamb. At the same time we got our next dish which was salmon rolled up with cream cheese in it. The scewers were good but maybe should have come with some sauce. On the other hand the salmon was really good, even better than really good, exceptionally good. Me and my wife had to "fight" over the last bite. After such a pleasant meal you just have to have a dessert. I had a classic chocolate brownie with vanilla ice-cream and chocolate sauce. It is a long time since I´ve had such a fresh and surprise vanilla ice-cream, delicious! My wife had a caramel cheesecake with cinnamon ice-cream. She loved it but sadly couldn´t finish it because she was full. Luckily I had enough space so I got to taste her too. I just have to say that the cinnamon ice-cream was very good and always nice when tasting something for the first time and it taste so good.

This is definitely a place you must try out, especially when the food is as good as they make it. And yeah, we only paid just over 40 Euros + tips for the whole meal.

What a delight!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Good wine, miserable staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

Went to the chain in Torremolinos, nice decor, lovely wine, extensive menu but maybe we made the wrong choices as we just received tasteless food, especially the 'spicy' padron peppers, no taste at all, the staff seemed happy enough chatting together but were miserable and rude when serving customers.

1 Thank spendleb48
Pretoria, South Africa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tapas Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

A friend and I were introduced to Matahambre by a local (early 80year old!!). What an experience - we repeated it twice! The variety of tapas and the cold Tinto de Verrano made a convert of me. Cannot wait to visit Torremolinos again - one of my first stops will be Matahambre.

• Visited May 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“A++ Quality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2011

Food was very nice and good. Had lots of different tapas and they where all very good.

Visited December 2011