“World Class steaks”
Review of Canto del Agua

Canto del Agua
Reserve with
Canto del Agua is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #81 of 744 Restaurants in Torremolinos
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Restaurant on the Carihuela's beach Torremolinos. Specialty in Argentina MEATS ON A HOT STONE.
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

The hot stone steak are the best in torremolinos. No doubt- worth a visit.
Good service, nice beach view and a mixed menu with varieties of pasta, wok and steaks

Reviewed July 18, 2014

The pictures, reviews, and idea sounded great and we made it our mission to go here on our last night. For those determined, you have to walk about another 1/2 mile from where the trip advisor pin tried to land you.

We were looking forward to this experience of the hot stone, the cooking of Argentinean beef etc.

First our shrimps phi phi we're so salty we could barely eat them.
Then the meat came out raw on the plate with the stone, but we had one set of utensils to deal with the raw and the cooked. I grabbed some from an adjacent table to deal with the raw chicken/pork/beef separately.

Glad we ordered sides, as the meat only came with a few small dipping sauces. None of which we loved.

Over all, this meal was more that twice the price of many better meals we had in the upper section (on the hill) of Torremolinos and I can't say it was worth the effort to find it. It was a novel approach, but I'd say over prices, over spices, and over rated.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Visited Canto del Agua twice again this year and pleased to say it is still one of my favorite restaurants in the world!

The waitress is always smiling, friendly and helpful which is a rare sight in restaurants these days. The location is spot on, just a few feet from the beach. We missed the evening entertainment this year as we eat early due to having a young child, although they did have a TV showing some world cup games which I had the odd cheeky glance towards during the meal! Thankfully England were not playing otherwise they would have given me indigestion!

Food was spot on as ever, the Argentine sirloin steak, cooked by yourself on a hot slab, was so good, I love this idea of cooking your food and I would never score less because of this, it makes a great change. The king prawns and chicken, again self cooked, were all excellent.

I thoroughly recommend this restaurant, Ive eaten in other restaurants ranked on here above Canto del Agua but they are simply not as good as here. You get what you pay for here, top quality, 10 out of 10. Ill be back soon.

1  Thank HKS_Allstars
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Brilliant restaurant. We ordered a mixed platter for 2, Pork, Chicken, Tenderloin & Sirloin. We cooked it ourselves on the Hot Stone provided. It was one of the best meals i have ever had. Very good value for money

1  Thank Lindsey70
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Good quality food and a fantastic service with a beautiful atmosphere! I would highly recommend ordering the steak that arrives on a stone plate and you cook it to your own perfection as you eat. Can't wait to visit again

1  Thank Kellyfitz33