“Little Britain (and Ireland) in Costa Del Sol.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ecuador Park Apartments

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ecuador Park Apartments
Glasgow
“Little Britain (and Ireland) in Costa Del Sol.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2009

Before I get to the negatives, I must point out that the pool is very nice and well maintained. The surround is cleaned and hosed every day and the cleaning staff are not to be faulted. If you like English/ Irish culture coupled with Spanish then this is for you. For more Sanish, go a mile down the road to La Carihuela. The apartment is 1 minute to the beach. If it's budget you are after, then this is fine, but, really, you get what you pay for. OK, we arrived for our stay and immediately were advised to occupy ourselves for two hours as we could not check in until 2pm. Carried our bags to a toilet/ basement lock up. On eventually checking in we were advised the rooms were temporary, so no unpacking. Moved rooms the following day (paid an extra £60 quid for 1 bedroom, as studio was like a rabbit hutch with central heating. No lifts in my block, so four flights to climb (which I can live with, eat some extra food!). No locks on balcony door or window, easily accessed from next balcony. Staff uninterested, man and woman too busy snogging behind the counter to express any interest. Next arrived the 16 spanish youths intent on partying from 10pm - 12:30am when they left, returning at 5:30am for a bit more party time. Problem was, they were all in my block. Then arrived the 19 strong 'hen' night, also intent on partying, willingly encouraged by the spanish youths. After two nights of no sleep, eventually complained. In fairness, one staff did plead with the spaniards to quiet down, which they eventually did. Next, electricity tripped every 30 seconds, eventually packing in altogether on one occasion. Advised that I was using too much electricity (one ring hob and an ipod dock???) and I may need to wait four hours until an electrician could arrive. In the middle of cooking etc....Next day I asked what bus to get to......'TAXI'......the cable cars. Very unhelpful staff who appear to be incapable of eye contact or communication without banging something on the counter. Also asked for another two plastic chairs for the balcony (we were a group of five) to be asked 'why do you need them?'. After justifying the need, we received them the following day, after a dressing down for daring to take out the indoor furniture onto the balcony. All in all, I would never return, which is a shame, as a little effort from the staff would have probably made me return, but noise levels and general carry on ruined it too.

• Stayed June 2009
2 Thank ElCartoharvetta

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
fife
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2009

Stayed here for 6nights from 21st March with my husband. We had an excellent week here with great weather. No problems with the Ecuador at all we had a studio room which was quite small but we managed, although if i went back again i would book a 1 bedroom apartment as these had views of the pool, we found staff very helpful all around aptmts and they were very clean, only one slight drawback-the double bed had seen better days and was a bit sunken in the middle but we just put up with it as it was only for a few days afterall and everything else was perfect, would def go back here again though.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank p19626295
Blyth
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2009

We stayed here Dec 2008, when we got there we found out we were on the 3rd floor and there was no lifts, we had our 10 month old son and 3 year old daughter with us, so when we were coming and going it was a trek up to the 3rd floor.
We were told we would be in a 2 bedroom apartment when we booked up and we got a 1 bedroom apartment with 2 single beds that could not be pushed together.
We had booked a cot for our son which wasn't there when we got there, so my husband went downstairs to ask for one, when we got it and put it up one of the sides was broken.
The sofa bed in the living room was broke, we slept on it for the first night and my husband kept rolling into the wall because one of the sides was tilted too far down. After that we had to put the cushions on the floor and sleep there.
There was no way of locking the balcony door and our 3 year old likes to explore.
The timer on the microwave was broke and it melted my sons bottles when I was sterilising them. When I told them what had happened they told me it would be changed to next day, which it wasn't. They then had the cheek the next day to try and blame us for breaking the microwave, by putting metal in it (Iknow i'm blonde but i'm not stupid).
The staff were not helpful at all, I asked them where the nearest big supermarket was (so I could buy my son some new bottles), they told me it was on the main road (like I knew where she was talking about), too far to walk, but it would be open (it was a Sunday). So I put my son in his pushchair and had a stroll, 15 minutes later I was in front of the supermarket (I wouldn't say that was too far), however the shop was closed. She didn't have a clue what was what. After tht we got all of the info we required from the owner of the English Pub around the corner.
The apartment looked clean on the surface, but when you looked close there was dirt and grime, our 10 month old son was crawling and we were worried what he would find.
The only good thing I could find about this place was it was in a good location, plenty of restaurants and the beach was only 1 minute away.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2009

my family have stayed in ecuador park for the past 5 years and find it a very good complex staff are very helpful and accomodateing and the area is great too everything is within walking distance

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Abergele, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2008

We had an excellent time there. The accomodation was clean well looked after and very convienent for eating, bars and the beach. Couldn't ask for more at the price.

Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank winterfan90
West London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2008

This is the 2nd time I've stayed at this hotel and the first time I was very happy with it. However, the 2nd visit was not as pleasant as the 1st. The room was full of cockroaches and when we complained the lady on reception was very rude and unhelpful and basically told us to get over it. Then on the day we were due to leave we were told that we'd have to leave the room by 12 as their were other guests waiting, when we told her that we'd booked until the next day she refused to listen and told us we had 5 minutes to get our stuff and leave. The area itself is brilliant and I would recommend holidaying there but do yourself a favour and don't stay at ecuador park.

• Liked — The size of the rooms were good for value
  • Disliked — The attitude of the staff and cleanliness
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Loocie
Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2008

Just got back from costa del sol on sunday stayed in the Ecuador apartments though they were nice few insects in bedroom but easly got rid of weather wasent great so didint get in pool was to cold because the sun dosent come round to the pool till bout one or so but beach is 2min walk down the road we wer in room 302 an could see a bit of the sea from the bedroom window . Plenty of bars around wasent happy bout no pool bar but wer told it be open nxt month ah well theres loads around so that made up for it. Its true bout toilet to close to bath to sit on properly but staff were nice i say i mite go back to them in the futcher.

Cristal
Dublin

• Liked — Location was very good
  • Disliked — not much in complex
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank CristalDublin