1,265 results
All reviews los alamos non swimmers a quiet residential area min walk malaga airport train stop three star caught the train train service san miguel very clean hotel all inclusive drinks meal times short break paella spanish hotel relaxing holiday
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Have just returned from this hotel on Friday and would not go back if they paid me. The room was clean bed very hard, balcony had two chairs no table. Reception staff very rude and miserable - mind you all staff were apart from the cleaners who were always polite and chatty.

Food - well I am not a fussy eater and the food here was pure and utter slop - the breakfast was always cold and inedible and the same for lunch and dinner in fact after three days could not eat here anymore and had to eat out all the time as food was so bad.

Entertainment - this stopped on 9th September was not aware of this when booking the holiday but was entertainment we did receive was overtaken by Spanish locals and the holidaymakers did not get a look in which was totally out of order seeing that we have paid for our holidays.

There is a new hotel being constructed next to this hotel and the noise from the building site was horrendous not something that you want to hear from morning to night - also very off putting.

All in all would certainly not recommend this place it was the worst place I have ever been too.

Complaints were being put in left, right and centre but they all fell on deaf ears as the staff are not interested

2  Thank tayloryellow
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Met at reception by a lovely lady! Was given room 333!! Daily housekeeping, bed made every day! Here for 8 days but sheets not changed in this time! Towels changed when left on floor!!
The room is awfull, didnt mind not having a balcony but did not even have a window in the bed area! Ourselfs and other guest saying that we were staying in the broom cupboard, window in bathroom dusty so I wrote hello in it on our first day and was still there 8 days later??
Would stay in torremolinos again NOT in this hotel!!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank cherylfulton
Reviewed September 13, 2019

Checked into hotel as we had a very early flight home the next morning. Staff at check in and check out were friendly however, the room was terrible. Bad smell as you entered the room and so we left the windows open and went out for a drink. Came back and the room still had a bad smell and we could not located where it was coming from. We checked in at 10pm and was leaving at 5am the following morning and we had returned to the room at midnight. We decided not to complain as it hardly seemed worth it for 5hrs. The next morning we woke up extremely itchy and was shocked to see our bed with bed bugs in them!!! We googled them and took photos and videos and showed to the staff at check out. They were very apologetic and assured us our complaints would be dealt with. I assume the bad smell must be from the amount of bugs living in that room.

We did receive a response from the hotel when we returned and this was their response....

“Please let me to clear you about this incidence because regrettably, this is something that sometimes is unavoidable for the huge gardens that the hotel have”.

I’m unsure why they blame the gardens and did query this when asking for a refund. They simply ignored my query and the information I supplied on bed bugs and refused to refund the stay.

Sadly this was a last minute decision and the first available hotel which came up with availability....... having looked at trip advisor now I can see other complaints on this matter and so clearly the way they deal with this situation is very poor. I definitely would not recommend this hotel.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank sammcsharry
Reviewed September 7, 2019

stayed here for 11 nights, I was very apprehensive after reading some of the reviews, but It was overall an ok hotel. We had a nice room 318, with a sea view, balcony could have done with a little table and towel/washing rail, as the room above's wet washing was dripping on to our balcony all the time. There was a cracked tile on the bathroom floor, I reported it and the manager got the maintenance staff on to it straight away. I asked for an extra pillow and again got this within a few hours. The staff were courteous, a please and a thank you is all you need to say, The only miserable person was the lady with the dark hair and pony tail at the bar outside. The food left a lot to be desired though. Day time bar snacks were nice and also the coffee machine which i used every day. There was plenty of seating outside and we managed to get a sun lounger later in the day. The pool was pleasant to swim in. Entertainment was very poor so we didn't have many late nights. We used the train a few times which was very handy as there isn't much to do outside the hotel. Wifi is 5 euros a day, although it work out cheaper if you use it for more than one day.

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank igiveupusername
Reviewed September 7, 2019 via mobile

I read through so many reviews before booking and just cannot believe how some people have described this hotel!
Yes it is slightly off the main strip (I liked that!) But it's such a short walk to the sea front and train station is at the top of the road!

On entering the hotel we were greeted immediately with a huge smile and a friendly hola! We were over an hour early for check in but the receptionist said our room was ready and issued us keys. She explained the layout of the hotel and we got the lift up to our room on 4th floor. The room was spacious, bright and very clean with an aircon unit on the wall opposite the bed. We used our spare key to keep it on while we were out and it was like heaven after being out in the sunny garden all day. The shower was great, very powerful and refreshing with complimentary shower gels, shampoos and conditioners. We had a balcony with 2 chairs which was quite a sun trap, we only really used it to smoke or relax late at night after going upstairs.

Food was pretty much what we imagined, fish, meat or veggie option, different sauces, cold meats and cheeses, desserts and about 6 different types of bread or roll.

The garden was great, big, lots of sun loungers, bar was always staffed up, always someone clearing or wiping tables, no mess or rubbish and a good atmosphere throughout the whole day. Drinks were pretty good with lots of cocktails available. The pool was a good size and although a little deep, I really enjoyed it. Often saw the lifeguard and maintenance man checking temperatures before opening and cleaning and skimming the pool.

No matter the time of day, there was always cleaning staff wither cleaning toilets, rooms or mopping the marble flooring. Always friendly ad said hola when passing!

We asked for extra pillows, no problem!
We asked for extra towels, no problem!

I really loved this hotel and it's staff and definitely think a 3* doesn't do it any justice! Don't believe everything you hear or read because some people just love to moan about everything and nothing...

Even when checking out I thanked the front desk staff and manager for such a great stay, so much so that I plan to come here again next year! If not sooner!

I'd recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking for a relaxing, all inclusive trip with great customer service and friendly staff.

I honestly could not fault a single thing!!

Thank you especially to Pedro behind the bar for always going that extra mile to make us laugh and feel looked after!

Kelly (birthday girl) and Michael (the one who cut his knee during the games!)

Trip type: Traveled as a couple