“Cheap n cheerful”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Hi i have ate here many times over the years and have always found the food fresh hot and tasty.Excellent prices and the staff are friendly . I like the owner always cheerful and helpful. No complaints and situated one street behind the beach. Would recommend.Going back in October.

1  Thank Carihuelakid

Reviewed August 17, 2013

This place is an old local classic for fine quality fried fish. Raciones of fried fish cost €6, which is good enough for 1 person, so my wife and i share 2. A half bottle of Barbadillo white wine is available here for €5.

Try a plate of the roasted red peppers or Pipirrana salad (fresh red & green peppers, tomatoes, and onion) with your fritura, the freshness will compliment the experience.

Bread charges apply.

2  Thank schtiop
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We visited this restaurant on the 10th April while on a week holiday in Torremolinos with my husband and daughter , they welcomed us into the restaurant and the food looked nice on the menu's pictures .
We ordered the chicken breast with salad and chips, panfried fish ( rosada) with salad and chips and squid.
The real disappointment was the salad , as in Spain I was looking forward to Tomatoes and onions like shown on the pictures but the salad was a large portion of lettuce with gratted beetroot and sweetcorn!
I asked the lady in charge why there were no tomatoes as shown in the picture and she got quite annoyed and said that the salad was always like that and people were still coming back for food.
I found her attitude quite surprising , she could have just said that it was late and they did not have any more tomatoes !
Why on hearth they dont think about the customer? Really spoilt my time .
I noticed that the couple and children next door to our table also left all the salad.
The fish was ok, not much taste , My nan used to cook spanish food and was much more tasty, I put lots of lemon on and eat it .
My husband eat the chicken breast but mention that it was not very exciting, he left most of the salad.
My daughter's squid or calamari was really nice .
The price was good for the food we got , I was relief that I did not have to pay more.
I paid with card and wanted to do my transaction in pounds but she did not give me the chance and said that all the transactions were in Euros, very autoritary when the machine gives you the option .
I still left a tip because the lady that served the bread was nice and hard working and also the boy that was looking after the tables and bringing drinks .
I will not go back to this restaurant , I think is orientated to tourists and does not reflect Spanish food, at least like my nan used to cook .
I always review in tripadvisor and Im very honest , but due to the woman's attitude I will not be surprise if she answers to this comment in a bad way .
Anyway, it is only my opinion and I hope it helps to future visitors.
Please visit my review on Angus argentinian restaurant in Benalmadena area .

2  Thank DrClau
Reviewed February 12, 2013

One of the places open in January but what a lovely restaurant. Food fantastic but all the meat dishes come with salad no veg which is fine if you like salad. The salmon and the entrecote were amazing. Nice atmosphere and not expensive. Can't wait to go back.

2  Thank catmatgin
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Nothing too fancy and the staff are lovely and really friendly. Good prices too. They had a guy there on the Sunday evening playing guitar and singing. Nice friendly atmosphere.

2  Thank anniemac54