my wife and I visited the riu belplaya for a week september 8th travelling with jet2 on an allinclusive basis.We found the jet2 check in both in the uk and spain to be very efficient so the holiday began well.
the belplaya hotel its self is a bit dated but everything after that is pretty good this being largely due to the quality of the staff.
The bed room was pretty standard,with no particular view as the balcony over looked what appeared to be a derlic block of apartments and a rubbish skip but the room was spotless clean and pretty quiet and after sampling a rock hard pillow we made our own using a blanket we found in the ward robe the following day and without having to ask both pillows were replaced by the maid for softer ones which we thought was pretty good.
The restaurant food was veryvery good and the restaurant staff very curteous and the hotel manager was there every sitting to make sure everyone was happy a rare occurence in some hotels we have stopped in.
the pool was a salt water pool and felt cold to enter but after a few minutes became refreshing.some people never gave it a chance and dipped their fingers in but once in it was nice.
The entertainment staff were excellent without being in your face and bearing in mind they were entertaining several nationalities with different sense of humours they worked extremely hard and there were also some very good proffessional acts on .Unfortunately there are large areas of the concert room were the visibility is poor or none existent so you have to get in early to get a good seat.
The hotel has some very good touches such as the self service drinks machines supplying wines coffee beer and soft drinks which reduced the wait at the bar which is excellent and should be introduced in all allinclusive hotels..
The age of the clientel are mainly of the older generation we found with a lot of repeat guests returning year after year so the hotel must be doing something right as this group are usually hard task masters.
All in all if you are looking for a spotless hotel with very friendly staff, smoking friendly with good food and drink and entertainment this hotel is for you
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located 2 km from Torremolinos * Opposite Torremolinos beach, 50 m away * 2 km from various shops * 5 km from the airport * 10 km from Malaga * 50 m from a bus stop * 1.5 Km from the train station * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Costa del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Riu Belplaya
- Riu Belplaya Torremolinos
- ClubHotel Riu Costa Del Sol Torremolinos, Spain