Just returned from two weeks, family of 4 kids ages 10 & 15, we were also with another family of 3. The hotel was great the staff very helpful and friendly, we requested we were all on the same floor and our kids room be next to ours (first time in seperate room, we were more nervous than them!!), this was accomadated no problems. The rooms were very large and the view was lovely rooms on 6th floor with sea view. The rooms were cleaned to a high standard daily. The food was of good quality and good choice but got very repeaditive after a while, but this is the same with all buffet style/all inclusive restaurants, the soft drinks were same as here, larger on tap ok but the wine on tap was dire, had to pay for anything better, we bought from shop over road occasionally and hotel had no prob with this. Spirits all good. The entertainment staff we brilliant and worked hard all day dont know where they get the energy from :)
The area around the hotel was very dissappointing, too far away from anything no nice friendly bars within walking distance, the ones we did venture into the staff were positivley rude. In one our friends son dropped a glass accidentally, we called over the waiter who after a while called a young female member of staff to clear it up, we apologised and were thrown daggers from her so much we left our drinks and walked out !!!!!! I cannot remember the name of the bar but it was bout 10mins walk along the beach to the right of the hotel, with white plastic tables and chairs !! Torremolinos itself was quite nice, too far to walk but short bus ride away from the hotel 1.22Euros.
Visited the croccodile farm this is a must, went on a dolphin boat trip from Fengirola didnt see any dolphins but the trip was good could get off to swim in sea. The public transport is so cheap and easily accessable so went off on our own to various places. The rep Courtney (Thomsons) was very pleasent but useless could not answer any of our questions bout places to visit even though she'd lived in Spain for many years!!!
We have been to Costa del Sol for bout 5 yrs now up and down the coast so we can compare this holiday with similar ones, in the area surrounding the hotel bar/restaurant and shop staff seemed very unhelpful like it was too much trouble, considering they were mostly empty you would have thought they would have been eager for the buisness, talking to other people at hotel they usually thought the same, which is a shame. Last year in Nerja we could not fault any of the shop/bar staff we encountered all really helpful with a smile. Overall very pleased with hotel itself but will not return to Torremolinos again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located 2 km from Torremolinos * Opposite Torremolinos beach, 50 m away * 2 km from various shops * 5 km from the airport * 10 km from Malaga * 50 m from a bus stop * 1.5 Km from the train station * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Costa del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Riu Belplaya
- Riu Belplaya Torremolinos
- ClubHotel Riu Costa Del Sol Torremolinos, Spain