We are a couple in our early 40s and we spent a fabulous week here at the beginning of June. We were by far amongst the youngest in this hotel but that actually was great. There was no loud music at the pool, no screaming children and hotel room and corridor was quiet. Exactly what we wanted. A break away from it all.
We flew into Malaga airport and easily made our own way to the hotel on the train. Get off at la colina station and its a 20 minute walk downhill. It cost €1.90 and we had printed off google maps to show us our walk.
On arrival at the hotel we were early for check in so room wasnt ready, but we were given a cold drink and allowed to start using all inclusive facilities. Room was ready at about 1pm and we were really pleased to be upgraded to a sea view room, when we had booked and paid for a standard room. Really disappointing no free wifi! Surely in this day and age all hotels should now have free wifi in all rooms and areas.
Our room was spacious and quiet but this is where I think improvements could be made. The air con was really poor, the hair dryer was useless (reception will lend you another), the towels are really thin and quite rough, the toiletries are not good and the decor badly needs updated and modernised. My biggest bugbear was the shower - it changed temperature of its own accord and it had a curtain which ended up sticking to you. Horrible!!! Please get glass shower doors in your upgrade. However the room was clean, towels changed daily, sheets changed once in the week and had British channels on tv.
We loved the area and walked loads. Turn left and walk for 20 minutes to Los Alamos, turn right and walk for 30 minutes to la carihuela. You can also walk into the main town of Torremolinos quite easily but it is uphill from the seafront. I believe there is a lift if needed. We took the train to Malaga for an evening and also to Plaza Major a big shopping centre nearby. The hotel arranged for us to go on a bus trip to Gibraltar for a day. It's worth it to see Gibraltar but the bus journey is long as it picks up from so many other hotels.
The staff at the hotel were really great and so helpful. We loved the food and the drinks especially the mojitos! You could get bottles of water to drink and bowls of nuts or olives at the bar. Pool towels were provided and you could change these at reception. It was easy to get sunbed even if you didn't go to the pool until late morning or afternoon. I used the spa and had a pedicure for €32 which I thought was dear. The entertainment wasn't really up to that much, but we always went in at about 9.30pm and easily found a seat. You may have to share a table. There was music and dancing and it was fun to watch some people on the dance floor.
All in all it was a great stay and I would recommend..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located 2 km from Torremolinos * Three 3, 5 & 9-storey buildings * Opposite Torremolinos beach, 50 m away * 2 km from various shops * 5 km from the airport * 10 km from Malaga * 50 m from a bus stop * 1.5 Km from the train station * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Costa del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Riu Belplaya
- Riu Belplaya Torremolinos
- ClubHotel Riu Costa Del Sol Torremolinos, Spain