A good hotel, in the far end of Torremelinos about 1km from the main centre. Expect a low 4 star hotel and that's about the quality. It's perfectly adequate but don't expect the Ritz.
T the end of October 2012, daytime weather was about 18 - 21 degrees, but remember this is RAINY SEASON. So it rained most days and was also quite gusty.
We were lucky enough to get a sea-view which is always a bonus and generally makes the holiday have a good start.
If you like walking, the journey to the town along the beach walk is very flat. Come out of the hotel face towards the beach, turn right and continue for about 500 metres. Look out for the amusement arcade centre on your right (thats
If you struggle to walk, remember you will be paying about 8 euros for a taxi each way.
Nice pool, and bonus of small indoor pool too, good all inclusive package. Food is okay, not truly amazing but a good choice, reasonable quality. Remember when you order a brandy and coke, their shots are 3 or 4 times our British measures! It will creep up on you!
TEA DRINKERS Important info: If like me you love your tea, take yourself a travel kettle and some Tetley as there are no tea or coffee making facilities in the room.
Torremelinos is a reasonably nice place out of season. Just don't do stupid things like walk back on your own at 2am in the morning carrying your handbag and jewellery, like anywhere else, be sensible and pay reasonable attention to safety.
Get yourself a code at reception for the gate at the beach bar end of the hotel, it will save you lots of walking. A room safe and pool towels are available for few Euro's deposit.
Finally we found the barman at the pub by the taxi rank (where they show the football) rude and needlessly aggressive, So my advice would be go somewhere else! He accused us of not paying for drinks because we sat at the table waiting for a bill rather than going up to the bar to pay. I would not recommend going there.
So It's a reasonably good hotel, only disappointment was no Wifi available in rooms.
Use the railway station about 1km up the hill in the direction of the rear of the hotel. This will get you from Torremelinos to Balemadena, Fuengirola and Malaga for about 1 euro 80 at time of writing. Compare that to UK Trains!
Also don't watch "Costa Del Crime!". If we had watched that we would have never gone. Our experience was nothing like that at all ( in October!). It was very quiet.
Don't be too picky and you will have a great holiday there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located 2 km from Torremolinos * Opposite Torremolinos beach, 50 m away * 2 km from various shops * 5 km from the airport * 10 km from Malaga * 50 m from a bus stop * 1.5 Km from the train station * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Orbitz so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Costa del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Riu Belplaya
- Riu Belplaya Torremolinos
- ClubHotel Riu Costa Del Sol Torremolinos, Spain