We were booked into the Luca Costa Lago hotel on the same road. 8th - 21st October 12. On arrival we were offered an "upgrade" free of charge to the BELPLAYA. On reflection I think that I should have refused it. The Costa Lago was undergoing refurbishment, and I think that maybe we were offered an upgrade to avoid any complaints! The BELPLAYA is a nice hotel, but as a non smoker I found it impossible to find a smoke free are in the open air. Perhaps the Hotel, should they read this, will consider providing an area for the non smokers to retreat to in the open air. I asked the manager to consider this, he said that he would lift the screen on the terrace while the weather was good, but it never happened.We had stayed at the Cost Lago the previous 2 years and will be back there next year. The entertainment wasn't great, but it must be difficult to cater for a multi-national audience. The food was very acceptable, and the service was good. The patios were the biggest draw-back for me because I always enjoy a night cap on the patio, and this was spoilt by the neighbours smoking and the smoke drifting through. I think a design fault of construction of the patios. Our room had noisy air conditioning, & loud neighbours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located 2 km from Torremolinos * Three 3, 5 & 9-storey buildings * Opposite Torremolinos beach, 50 m away * 2 km from various shops * 5 km from the airport * 10 km from Malaga * 50 m from a bus stop * 1.5 Km from the train station * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire and Travelocity so you can book your Hotel Riu Belplaya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Belplaya Torremolinos
- Hotel Riu Belplaya Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain