ClubHotel Riu Costa del Sol
Sol Principe by Melia(Torremolinos)(Great Value!)
$142
$135
  • Beachfront
Sol Don Pablo by Melia(Torremolinos)
$110
$104
  • Beachfront
Sol Timor by Melia - Apartamentos(Torremolinos)
$109
  • Beachfront
Hotel Zen Airport(Torremolinos)(Great Value!)
$50
Hotel Natursun(Torremolinos)(Great Value!)
$71
  • Pool
Melia Costa del Sol(Torremolinos)
$139
$127
$83
  • Restaurant
Sol House Costa del Sol by Melia(Torremolinos)
$131
Orbitz.com
$152
  • Breakfast included
4,256 results
All reviewsself servicesoft drinkspool barbar staffplenty of choicemain restauranttrain stationon tapplenty of sunbedsevening meallovely hotelentertainment roomcosta del solgreat holidaydining roomall inclusive hotelolder generation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We usually do AI in Turkey so I didn't know what to expect. I have listed plus points and negatives below.

Plus:
Good Location - promenade right at end of street and bus stop to other towns right outside hotel
Clean rooms - daily cleaning service with fresh bedding and towels, good view of sea from the balcony if you are on top couple of floors
Hotel on a whole was clean with helpful friendly staff
Food - plenty of choice, something for everyone and long hours to eat so you never feel rushed. There was the usual suspects but some different things too like fish in cava sauce or rabbit stroganoff which were both delicious at dinner time and made for a nice change and plenty of choice at breakfast.
Drinks - Branded soft drinks, coca cola etc, campocruz lager and red wine very nice. Cocktails were pretty poor but plenty of choice for both alcoholic and soft drinks including tea and coffee.

Negative:
You have to bring your own beach towels which we didn't expect as other AI's we have been to this was included
Bottled water and ice cream not included in AI package (€1.20 for water and up to €3.00 for ice creams)
Food - Food would get repetitive if staying longer than a week and sometimes was not very hot. Also if you are vegetarian this would not be a good hotel as even the vegetables were cooked with bacon or ham and it was not clear if there was meat / fish in the soup or pasta
Bar - the bar shut at 12:00am on the button, we are used to 24/7 food and drink in other hotels so didn't realise it shut so early

It was no where near as good value as in Turkey, we paid £1100 for the week for two including transfers and flights from Edinburgh which is a good price but I do feel you get much more better value for money in Turkey so I think we have been spoiled a bit in the last hotels we have been to although I would go back further out of season for a cheap week away. Also if you do go to this hotel or one near it I would recommend going to a place on the promenade called Tapas y Copas, jammed packed every night with locals and a good atmosphere. If you order drinks they bring you tapas, we went there and have 5 drinks each along with 5 plates of tapas and we were very merry and full and the final bill was €21.30 - I thought it was excellent value although you have to have rudimentary spanish as they don't speak much English but I think everyone who goes to Spain can manage the obligitary 'dos cervesas por favor' - have fun! :o)

Room Tip: Higher floors usually have a sea view and the 'grand' rooms are usually the same price as standard and means you will have a seperate sitting area so worth asking for.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sarah L
Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

On returning from this hotel my husband wrote a review personly I thought was a bit harsh I admit we had a lot of noise and the food was not up to the usual Riu standard but this can only be blamed on higher managment as the staff were lovely the location of this hotel and the sun terraces where lovely as was the champagne that will bring me back again as was closeness to airport. Would have meal out now and again to the Tudor rose will be going back soon to give another try hasta luego.

• Stayed: May 2012
5  Thank charles s
Reviewed June 16, 2012

we just come back after a weeks holiday it was nice but wouldnt say it was a 4star hotel not much entertainment for kids ran out of every drink i wanted and flies in the restaurant put me off it was a clean hotel but wouldnt go back

2  Thank Donna B
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Hotel very welcoming and clean, pool and Bar not big enough for the capacity of the hotel looks like the same size before the big extension was built on extra, generally food was excellent and fresh, but meat was poor quality(mainly fatty pork) catered for Germans mainly, free safe in the room and towels for poolside a good feature (deposits returned at the end of holiday) central for bus/taxi/train, Nothing for children we were a party of 6 and my Daughter is 12 but grown up for her age she was in the pool most of the week, Good range of drinks Alcoholic/nonAlcoholic and the bar staff were helpfull and friendly.Overall a very good holiday.

Room Tip: Rooms are of a larger than average size
3  Thank helenkirk
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stayed here from 4 till 14th June 2012. We had a very nice time. Hotel located right along the boulevard. The beach across the street. The enter of Torremolinos within walkinf distance, or else there's always a tai available. The staff was very friendly, helpful and efficient. Small complaints were handled immediately. We did all inclusive for the first time. Food and drinks were excellent. The only problem is not to eat and drink too much! A test for self discipline!
Cleanliness very good.
For me the bed was too firm. I would have liked a top mattress for a little more softness. And the number of parasols in the pool area was short, but after a couple of days this problem was fixed also. Very good hotel for older people and parents with young children.

2  Thank julaHolland