All reviewsnice view from the balconyacross the roadfrench guestsquiet pooltorremolinos centreall inclusive optionpool bartrain stationmin walka wonderful holidaylovely roomout of seasonsaladbooked this hotelreception arealospools
Reviewed August 14, 2011

It was my first experience in Spain, so I did some research before booking.
I got the package from travel agency for two weeks with half-board. It was rather expensive, but we decided to go there mainly because of native language animation for kids (even though we did not use it too much - kids club).
So let me go with some unbiased review and remarks.

Arrival:
Late at night, but as scheduled - rather efficient, but on other days I saw lines, but these were moving rather quick.

Rooms:
The hotel rooms are rather small and all of them (with except of few) have side view of the see. The rooms in the hotel do not have any coffee machine, or kettle, so be aware. These rooms seems to be for 2 persons, with possible addition of extra bed.
The rooms in the 'pueblo' do not have view, except for first line, they are located just beside the hotel, some of them have kitchenette, some not - it depends what you ask/pay for.
Somehow all baths seems to have 3 stars while room/hotel pretends to have 4. Anyway, in terms of the cleanless it was acceptable.
Hint: if you are staying more then few days, leave a tip in your room, at beginning of the stay, it works better that way.

PS. There is brand new section of the hotel, in the back of the property, but it is not being used, as swimming pool and restaurant would not handle extra amount of people.

Dinning:
Breakfast - ALWAYS THE SAME CHOICE
You got choice of: deep oil fried eggs, beans, processed deep oil fried bacon (awful), churros (fried mash potatos), selection of rather low quality salami, chorizo and canned ham, cheese (regular and white type), selection of jams. There are some cereales and milk, coffee and hot choclate machines, and VERY artificial juice dispensers. You can get a roll, crossaint, toast and some sweet pastry plus fresh kiwi. There is a selection of tomatoes and cucumbers and fried mushrooms, mixed with tuna I guess.
There is not enough waiters for the number of people in the hotel, so at rush hour (before 10AM) there is usually a line of up to 50 people waiting. Then you have to spot someone leaving and wait beside the table to get it done by waiter. Waiter is perhaps wrong word, they do not serve anything, they just clean tables and put new plates/cutlery.
There is usually line for the toasters/coffee/juice machines.
Overall quite bad experience.
I did not go for lunch, so not sure about it, but I am rather happy I did not have to it in.
Dinner: It varies day by day, but typical selection consist of fried fish, fried / grilled chicken, grilled beef. On one day of the week, there is selection of fried calamari, squids, sardines, etc. One day, there is a cook who slices pork roast. There is selection of french fries and various forms of patatoes. There are fresh cucummbers and tomatoes, selection of marinated carrot, beetrot, asparagus. Selection of salads - some of them are ok. Usually there are some fresh fruit like, peaches, plums or melon/watermelon. There is a selection of desserts and ice cream - cakes are good, while ice creams are very watery. If you are not with all inclusive option you have to pay for any drink at dinner - 1.5 for water, 2 for beer, etc.

Overall dinning is ok, probably not really worth 4 stars, but none of got sick from food, which I consider a positive experience. Consider all-inclusive, only if you are interested in drinks, otherwise you will probably get enough soon. Dinning times: breakfast 8-10, lunch 1-3, dinner 7:30-10.

Swimming pool / beach.
Pool area has capacity of 248 people, with up to 1000 staying in the hotel. But it was not very crowded, and we could always find a free pool chairs. The pool has depth from 0,15 to 1,65 m, but you rather cannot swim, it's more recreational area / playground for kids of various age. It's open from 9am to 8pm only. Water was rather warm. There is busy pseudo-jacuzzi and round micro-pool for kids.
Beach is on the other side of the hotel, you have to walk like 200m, if you manage to go through the pool / street gate, otherwise it's a bit further through the reception. You can rent a palapa and beach chairs or just bring your equipment. Again water was quite warm, but sometimes waves were quite high. One imporant remark - it's not white sand beach - sand looks rather dirty and shallow water close to the shore has plenty of small stones. The beach was rather crowded, along all coastal line - beaches are public, with free sweet water showers - for toilet, you need to use nearby restaurant I guess.

Departure:
Since our flight was late in the evening, I extended stay - for a little extra money, we got another room until we were ready to leave, otherwise you can leave your bags in the storage room.

Other information:
Internet - indeed only in the lobby, but it works and it's free - you have to sit close to entrance to get good reception.
Parking - I had no problem finding a spot to park -
Hint: on the back of the property, first cross-road , there is side street, where you can always find a place - it's 250m away from the hotel gate.
No issues with the car, area seems to be safe.
Out dinning:
I recommend any of the beach restaurants - chiringuitos - try fish from the 'barca' bonfire.
Also keep in mind that this area is on the end of the Torremolinos - which makes it more quiet, but further from tourist ammenities, like variety of pubs, stores, restaurants. There is supermarket beside hotel and it has most of what you might need.
Travelling to Malaga is easy with train - station Los Alamos is 10 minutes walk away and train takes like 20-25 minutes to get to city centre (last station).
If you like sightseeing trips, get a car and drive to Ronda - nice 50km of mountain road with view (+50km on a highway) and then scenic town.
If you have more time, go to Cordoba and Granada (get ticket to Alhambra online - you need few days to week in advance, arrive early to Alhambra, as it is extensive place).
Also hotel is meant for sale, which means no investments are made only current maintenance, it looks like best times are already long gone, perhaps new section is nicer, but as mentioned is closed to increase value of the property for new buyer. Entrance and reception has nice marble tiles, but rest of the propery has regular tiles and outfit.

Overall, we had positive experience, but I would not stay in the same hotel again (but I never would for leisure trips). I would rather pick a hotel with nicer swimming pool - larger and more versatile - like lazy river, or so.

Room Tip: Hotel or pueblo - some rooms in pueblo have kitched and separate bedroom
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank --Roman_PA--
DirectorCaminoReal, Director General at Hotel Pueblo Camino Real, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2011

Thank you very much for your extensive comment. We are grateful to you for the positive things that you say on our hotel, and we will strain for improving the things that have not been of your total pleasure. We wait to return to see you. Kind Regards

Reviewed July 28, 2011

I repeat, NO PARKING! Since the access to the lobby is closed, you got to move all your stuff from the car to the room from somewhere in the street near the hotel, you need to walk about 100 meters with your luggages to get to the front and check in... then, you need to park your car somewhere, of course these "street parkings" are not secured, that's why I had to take out all my luggages out even if I didn't need all of them...
Expedia stated "Parking near by"... well they were right, I found some, just at 2 to 4 kilometers from this hotel...

The Room:

The fridge was left open, when we arrived there was water on the floor... looks like nobody checks the rooms before giving the keys out.
The rooms are not clean and there was a mold smell in the sleeping room so I slept in the living room.
I had to fight against some mosquitos as well before sleeping, these mosquitos were somehow special, you can hear them, they bite you but you never see them...
no door lock in the bath room, neither in the sleeping room. Which means No intimity if you got kids.

The Wifi:

By the way, if you think that you're gonna surf from your bed, just forget about it, Internet is in the lobby, but you need to walk a bit of time with your computer all over the place to find the best spot and finally get a poor wifi signal, one to two graduations out of 5, the signal is so weak that the connection drops every minute, and you got a lots of people trying to connect all the time with no success, I can see it in their face. There are also connected coin computers 1 euro per hour, of course those are working very well... I mean, wifi signal repeaters cost less than a 100 euro a piece ! they just need one or two to cover the whole lobby ! Just saying...

The breakfast:

poor quality.
from 8 to 10 AM, don't think that you can stay eating till 10:30, even if you've grabbed your food before 10, you'll have to deal with a bunch of waiters trying to clean your table and kick you out of the restaurant...

<Breaking News>
This is happening now while I'm writing this review:
Someone from the reception just turned the lobby lights off, even while I'm there... leaving me and 2~3 other persons in the dark ... you know, the same thing that they do in prison, they did so while we were eating the breakfast this morning, it looks like it's one of their tricks to kick customers out from an area.

The Trolley:

Check out D Day, ONE trolley for all the customers of this big hotel ...
Since everybody checks out at the same time, I couldn't find this unique trolley, I had to wait in the lobby for a long time, before understanding that actually, some smart guys were following the trolley to the car and get it from there, I had to do the same.
I parked my car as close as I could to the hotel entrance to load the luggages, I was blocking the delivery guys who wanted to access to the hotel from the back, had to move my car several times while loading ...

Summary:

I payed around 120 euro per night for this hotel, it is rated 4 stars ... I would rate it, and because I'm a nice guy 2 stars at max.
Wanna spend a nice vacations with your kids ? , Don't go there.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Tomahawk_888
Reviewed September 14, 2010

if you are british do not go to this hotel it caters for mostly french spanish &german we went self catering it was aulful ther was nothing to cook with only a hotplat we did not enjoy our stay the entertanment you could not understnd none was in english would never go back

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ayresportsmouth
Reviewed September 13, 2010

room was rather small nearly on top of kitchen could hear all the plates and cutlery being moved or thrown around our room was no.135 we went all inclusive nothing to eat after breakfast lunch or supper no in betweens.plenty to drink if you want to become an achoholic.we stayed for four days .

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank arturoGibraltar
Reviewed August 22, 2010

We spent one week in early August. The hotel is almost 4 star (even though they look like not very decided whether is 3 or 4 though - I can't believe the room is 4 star but the bathroom 3 as marked ;-).
However, if you travel by car as we did willing to visit a bit of Spain, be aware that there is no parking. So you'll leave your car on the streets. We had no problem whatsoever, but it was not the most comfortable feeling, as in that part of Torremolinos you hardly see any non-Spanish license plate.
The food at all inclusive was terrible - we had very limited options, every day the same, and the quality was very far below what we expected from a 4-star all inclusive package. This is one of the lessons learned, we'll skip "all inclusive" in the future to allow us some variation.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family