“Value for money accommodation” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bajondillo Apartments

Bajondillo Apartments
Ranked #14 of 72 Hotels in Torremolinos
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Value for money accommodation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

The reception and bar area was well kept. We had 6 studios on the 7th floor and no problems with any of them. The bathrooms were clean, beds were comfortable (although pillows were thin - I find that a lot in Spain). The studios were well cleaned each day and all the communal area were clean and well cared for.
Our studios had a side sea view, the balconies did not get sun after mid morning. That did not bother us as we were a large group who spent most of our time together out in the resort and we were there the first week of January so lack of sunshine on the balcony wasn't an issue.
At that time of year it was very quiet in the surrounding areas although we did find nice restaurants and a couple of bars nearby.

Room Tip: If sunshine on your balcony is important to you ask for a room facing the Carrihuela part of the res...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Maureen D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

I came to stay here last august on the recommendation of relatives who said they had a good time there before.
The reception and public areas are all clean, but I do have to say, like other reviewers here on TripAdvisor found my apartment very old and outdated, I wouldn't even go to the extent of saying it was antiquated and characteristic, more just 'old'.
There is night time entertainment, but while I was here, I noted that a lot of people would come from surrounding apartments (not associated with Bajondillo) mainly Spanish pensioners and they would hog the place, get in early to get good seats, I watched them, and they spent very little on drink, and seemed to be not to respectful to foreign guests at the hotel, unfortunately I can speak Spanish, and I understood what they were talking about. Also I was in the bar having a few drinks one night and one barman said to the other(in Spanish) that he thought i was a greedy drinker, I probably was, but it doesn't give him any right to say that.
There is a lovely swimming pool in nice gardens, but once again, I got chatting to a number of people during the day who informed me that they were staying in local apartments, for €300 a week and were using all of Bajondillo's facilities, and had done so for many years, and that they were having a GREAT holiday! Fair play to them, I wish I had the brains to be so sly!
Before we left, my wife complained to a duty manager who just said that because of the recession, Bajondillo did not have enough staff to regulate who could use the facilities, but would take note of what my wife said.
I also complained in an email on my arrival home, Bajondillo replied after three weeks, saying that they had supplied me with what had been advertised, and that they would try and regulate the influx of non paying guests using their facilities in future.
Considering that people had told me they have been using Bajondillo's facilities for 'years' I have little faith in Bajondillos promise, and will go elsewhere next year.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Theycallitmadness
Tampere, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stayed in Bajondillo Apartments last July for a week.
Hotel was very basic tourist hotel, but the location was perfect right on the beach. Our studio apartment was on the sixth floor. It was one of the refurbished ones, so kitchenette and bathroom were brand new. Otherwise the room was very large and clean,but a bit run down. It had just the basic furniture, bed, table, few chairs, armchair or two, but hey, what else do you need? Balcony was a good size and that was our "living room" for the week.
Our room faced the "courtyard" where you can see to opposite apartments' balconies and down to hotel's restaurant's terrace and swimming pool and THE BEACH. The view was amazing! It was also good fun to watch mini-disco that took place on the restaurant's terrace every evening, where cute little kids danced and singed around.The downside was that every night there was live music on the restaurant's terrace and it was VERY loud.So basically you couldn't get to sleep until 1am when the music stopped. So if you are a light sleeper and want to get to bed early, ask for a room that faces the street.
All in all, we really enjoyed our stay in the Bajondillo and probably will return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank ne_be_1209
Dundee, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here twice, and have no complaints, rooms are basic, but thats all we needed, staff were friendly, entertainment is more suited to older people, but we still sat in the bar before we went out and even had a little dance, fantastic location for bars and restaurants, and not far from Benalmedena, would always stay here when visiting Torremolinos.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gina7058
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stayed in the bajondillo hotel in august .first Bad points there is about five hundred apartments ..and when you are on your baconey there is about two hundred people looking at you the apartment is small but clean the hole complex is in need of a refurbishment .
Good points ...the location is brilliant just across the road from the beach and close to the shops and bars ...could not ask for better.. Will I go back .....a big yes .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank carrrickfergus
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend last week and I have to say its a lovely hotel. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. We had one of the older rooms which was very nice but we weren't getting much sun on our balcony so my boyfriend asked and they moved us to the other side no problem. I thought our apartment was lovely. Its extremely close to the beach and has a lovely pool. The hotel restaurant was really good and we ate there twice. If you want a nice relaxing break I couldn't suggest a better place!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Ashes11
ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Spent 9 days in these apartments in October ,my first impression was 'get me out of here 'the apartment was in dire need of refurbishment,the fabric of the couch and curtains was terrible they felt unclean.the area for cooking was just inside the door and consisted of a sink with two gas rings on the draining board a small fridge underneath and a cupboard which contained a cylinder of gas.the bathroom sink had a crack and the hot tap was continuously running,the bath had two huge cracks.we requested a change to a refurbished apartment but was told none were available (we had requested a refurbished one on booking )
The only positive for these apartments in my opinion is the location which is ideal just across the road from the beach and close to the lifts.

Room Tip: Check when booking that you are guaranteed a refurbished apartment in a higher floor
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends