Just back from the Bajondillo after a 3 night beak with my sister. We usually meet up in Torremolinos 4 or 5 times a year to catch up but have always gone on an all inclusive basis. This time we thought we'd give the self catering Bajondillo a whirl and it proved to be brilliant for what we needed!
Our studio was good, two single beds, dining furniture, coffee table with armchairs and a nice balcony with furniture. There were lots of electrical sockets, all at a decent height, so no having to unplug one appliance to charge your phone etc - and no having to bend down onto the floor every time (well we are in our sixties!)
We were fortunate enough to get one of the refurbished bathrooms which was very modern, very clean and well laid out. There was a hairdryer in the bathroom. The limited kitchen facilities didn't bother us as we had no intention of cooking anything! All we were interested in was a decent sized fridge to keep our water and wine cold! It was a standard sized under-counter fridge which suited us well. We got clean towels every day and additional pillows within minutes of requesting.
The complex is lovely. We hate laying by the pool in rows with no privacy whatsoever between you and the family inches away from you! We took sunbeds every day and put them wherever we wanted in the beautiful lawned area around the pool. I've seen lots of comments regarding the 3 euro charge - all I can say is that when we were there, the sunbeds were free but you paid 3 euros of you wanted a mattress. We paid willingly as the mattresses must be 4 or 5 inches thick and are heaven!
We had a couple of drinks in the complex bar - what excellent customer service it was! 2 euros for a lovely glass or rose wine, brought to our table by the pleasant barman. When we left we asked if we could have some ice to take to the room and he said "of course - and if you bring your pitcher out of your studio kitchen whenever you need ice, I will fill it for you, no problem!"
The location of the Bajondillo is brilliant. Out of the front entrance and you're across the road from the beach. Out of the back door and you're just a few steps from the lift up to Calle San Miguel.
We ate at the Europa (go out of the back entrance and its directly across the road - no further than going to a normal hotel restaurant). Breakfasts here were superb, freshly cooked and very reasonable. We also had an evening meal here. A bit pricey but you get what you pay for and both our meals came with fresh vegetables and freshly mashed potatoes - not with chips and grotty salad as is often the case in Spain).
Finally, the free transfer was a real boom to us! On arrival we were directed to a coach and we thought "oh oh, here we go, all around the resort till we get to Bajondillo!" Not the case, we left the airport within 15 mins of arriving, stopped at one hotel then drove round the corner to Bajondillo - Brilliant! On return they sent a taxi which was shared by two other guests. We were dead chuffed and it cost of nothing and we love a bargain!
All in all we thoroughly enjoyed the Bajondillo and would highly recommend it but it depends what you want out of a holiday. It suited our needs perfectly and we will go back next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bajondillo is in the heart of the Costa del Sol and right in front of the beach. All our Apartments have an excellent distribution and orientation as they all face the sea. The atmosphere is peaceful and inviting.Big garden with swimming pool with sun beds, hairdresser, PC with internet access, free WiFi in whole complex, a la carte restaurant “La Brasería”, cafeteria, self service laundry, external medical service (24h) and free Airport Shuttle-Bus. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity and Budget Places so you can book your Bajondillo Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bajondillo Apartments Hotel Torremolinos
- Torremolinos Apartments
- Bajondillo Apartments Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain
- Apartments Torremolinos