“Great Holiday” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 72 Hotels in Torremolinos
Drogheda, Ireland
“Great Holiday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Had another great holiday in Bajondillo Apts Torremolinos you cant beat this resort suits every age. Apartments great value for money and great location. It seemed to be quiter this year but still a good vibe in the area. the rooms are still basic but spotless clean. torremolinos Centro good at night plenty of bars and restaurants.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have been modernised with better kitchen electric hob etc and bathroom update.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank 55MaryD1755

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

This is the first negative review I have ever given on this website. Stayed here for 7 night. Just left. Had some other family members also staying in a different apartment here the same time. By far the noisiest place I have ever stayed in. I was there with my son and the 'entertainment' the hotel provide is out on the terrace below all the balconies and is so loud you would think there's a concert going on in your room. Goes on until 1am every night. Not that late I know, but with family this isn't great. I'm was on the 4th floor and either the walls are made of paper or I've suddenly got supermans hearing. Any sort of movement in the apartments above, below or beside you is echoed around. I would of asked for a different room but my family down the corridor were having the same problems. As we're other guests I spoke to. Found it very very difficult to sleep from around 7am onwards.
Another negative is that parking here is near impossible. They say they have 100 spots available but there's no way that's true. They may have 100 spots alright but there are loads of cars there that stay there all the time. Possibly the car park spots are rented out long term as there are covers over some of the cars etc. Don't get me wrong I know it's August and peak season but parking anywhere in the area is very very difficult too (obviously this is not the hotels fault).
On some positive notes the rooms are clean and tidy, have great air con which is fantastic, good location for the beach and some restaurants and the staff are friendly.
Wasn't too impressed with the life guards 'on duty'. The pool was fairly full and barely seen him look at the water at all. Sat there talking to either girls or other staff members every day instead of doing his job. They even pulled chairs over and sat beside him chatting some of the time. I'd have felt safer swimming with Jaws than I did with him guarding our life's. Very unprofessional. Another evening I was in the pool with my son and four lads with some girls sat at the side of the pool smoking and drinking from glasses with their radio blaring. The security guard who spent most of the time talking to the life guard looked over at them (I was thinking great he would ask them to move away) but no he waved over to them and spoke in Spanish to them and they all had a great laugh. Plus the pool wasn't very clear at all either. I'm not sure if it was dirt or what but when you're under the water with goggles on you couldn't even see the ground.
I'm far from a moaner (although you wouldn't know it from this review) and I can put up with most things but had to say something about this hotel. Paid a lot of money for it. Over E100 a night with no breakfast but would DEFINITELY never stay here again. The area is nice but the hotel is a disaster......

• Stayed August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank JohnO33333
Cork, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I stayed here on the last week of June 2013 for 9 nights. The location is one of the best you go out the front of the hotel pass the pool and all you have to do is cross a road and your at the beach. there is also a good selection of resturants, shops and bars, as well as about three irish bars on that side of things. Then if you go out the back entrance of the hotel it brings you up to the centre there is a series of steps to negotiate with, but all the way up are shops and stalls so you dont notice the steps. when you get to the centre there is a selection of shops, restaurants and bars. Although any good bars with an atmosphere is further up. The accommodation is very basic needs alot of updating. in the bedrooms the interior is old fashioned and just simply old. we didnt mind though as we werent looking for anything fancy just base and a place to sleep. the sockets in the wall were awful when ya put in your adapter it was literally falling out. However the room was cleaned evey day as well as the towels were replaced evey day. the pool area is lovely very well maintained although you have to pay daily for the sun beds.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank RACHELKELL
Wet and windy Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

My wife and I just came back from the Bajondillo, we booked a week in the hotel self catering in one of the side studio apartments from the end of July first week of August, our only regret is that we didn`t book 14 days. The hotel is very clean, the staff very friendly and the location is the best. We were self catering and didn`t know how to use the cooker but within 2 minutes we had help from the staff, our ceiling light started to flicker and I asked the cleaner to report it, she sent an electrician to fix it within 2 minutes. The bathroom/toilet is clean and well equipped, we had a small fridge but big enough to hold what we needed, a TV and air conditioning. Outside the hotel there are 2 restaurants within 20-30 meters of the entrance which serve top quality food and drink, the lagers were 2-3 Euros and meals (full English breakfasts) were on average 7 Euros each. Across the main road is the beach with padded lay-out loungers and umbrellas for a cost of 4.50 Euros a day per bed, Torremolinos is a beautiful place and we have never seen any problems or trouble in the times we were there, everyone seems so laid back and helpful. We are looking to book again as soon as possible.

Room Tip: Every room has good views, though the blocks of rooms facing south west are cooler as the sun doesn...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wingbackdragon
Oulu, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

From year to year we come back with my wife apartment Bajondillo in Torremolinos.
This time, we spent three weeks in June 2013 Bajondillo.
Service is very friendly and we were once again booked a apartment in advance via e-mail.
Torremolinos Bajondillo and we will return again in June 2014.
Retirement of days the place we have known it in Torremolinos.

Room Tip: Rooms as 5045 are yours selection. Beautiful view and much to see on the boardwalk
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Pekka H
Oswego, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I travel solo and I have found this place is a good place to go in the Winter. I have spend 2 month there, every year for the last 12 years. It is my, along with many other American and Canadian, our home away from home. It is clean, friendly and a lot of fun, the staff treat you like family and will do anything to be helpful. There is entertainment every evening and things to do doing the day.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Bedstem0r
Reykjavik, Iceland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My wife and I just came home from a 2 week stay in Apartmentos Bajondillo, Torremolinos. It was the second time we have stayed there. I always say the location is absolutely great and room service is very good. Now for the negatives. The rooms are a bit old. The so called kitchenette is
not very well equipped, there is not even a coffee machine. You have to do it the old way.
But the hotel has a very nice pool and a garden and constant activity and music to 0100 !!!
Can you shorten that to 2330 or 0000.
All things considered, we´d love to go there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple