Located right across the street from the Mediterranean and the beach, this apartment complex offers a great location, entertainment, basic kitchenette and all at an economical price. My husband and I spent four weeks there (Apr. 16-May 13, 2012) and had a wonderful vacation. We had the studio apartment, one large room with a tiny kitchen alcove, a newly remodeled bathroom and plenty of closet and dresser space. The kitchenette consists of a two burner stove top, a sink and small refrigerator. The cabinet is full of mismatched crockery for two people and pots and pans. We are able to make full meals by pan frying chicken, pork chops, fish, omelets. There is no microwave or coffee pot but we boiled water for instant coffee in a saucepan. There are many interesting restaurants along the beach or up 200 stairs (you can take an elevator) to the town. The furnishings are not fancy but the room is still attractive. The views from our balcony and the walks along the beach were romantic and from this base of operations, we found it easy to travel to Granada, Seville, Gibraltar, Mijas, Ronda, etc. Public transportation is available and not too difficult to negotiate. If you want to book a tour, rather than using the hotel , walk a few blocks along the Paseo to Viajes Vivamar at the Plaza de las Comunidades . The woman there speaks perfect English and she is more helpful than the staff at the hotel. The tours were cheaper, too. We got a 5% discount on a trip to the bullfights in Mijas. The entertainment at the Bajondillo was surprisingly good and each Saturday night a flamenco troupe was brought in to entertain. If you go, don't miss the free sangria parties on Wed. afternoons. The brew is potent and there's dancing and entertainment. The hotel also offers exercise classes in the morning and some game or activity in the afternoons during the week. The price is right, with discounts for long stays. We expect to return next spring.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bajondillo is in the heart of the Costa del Sol and right in front of the beach. All our Apartments have an excellent distribution and orientation as they all face the sea. The atmosphere is peaceful and inviting.Big garden with swimming pool with sun beds, hairdresser, PC with internet access, free WiFi in whole complex, a la carte restaurant “La Brasería”, cafeteria, self service laundry, external medical service (24h) and free Airport Shuttle-Bus. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Bajondillo Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bajondillo Apartments Hotel Torremolinos
- Torremolinos Apartments
- Bajondillo Apartments Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain
- Apartments Torremolinos