Just come back from 7 nights at this great hotel as a late 20s couple . Amazing time! The hotel was clean, modern, comfortable. We booked through thomson and were in the side building where we had a limited sea view which was fine for us.
The room was a great size, huge wardrobe and modern. No free wifi in rooms and it's bitterly slow in the lobby don't bother!
The pool and gardens were great, nicely located above the promenade with great views, pool was great for cooling off. I did however find I had to get up at the crack of dawn to reserve sunbeds! I don't mind but 7.30am on holiday just to get a full sun sunbed! Pool bar was great too with waitress service, nothing was any trouble.
Don't get put off by the other reviews saying it's mainly the older generation. We found it quiet and peaceful and a good mix of age groups but most importantly no screaming kids!!
We didn't book any excursions through Thomson but we went off to malaga and plaza mayor for shopping which is a bus ride away or taxi. The night trip catarman from Puerto Marina (5 mins walk from hotel) and little train from there were great. We also did the Cable car from Tivoli World (short bus or taxi ride) which is a must!!
The food at hotel was fabulous at breakfast plenty to keep you full up through the day. We only ate twice in the evening at the buffet. The food was fine however it states gentleman MUST wear long trousers which my boyfriend adhered too however many wore shorts and even jogging shorts!! He took it up with the maître-d who simply said "it's July" we weren't impressed. Stick to a rule or don't in the hot months. Remember your drinks aren't included in your meal which we were informed by a cold receptionist on check out. However Javier is fab on the front desk he answered everything for us.
Do explore the puerto marina shops and restaurants, we went down there nearly every night. You do get the odd hard sell into a bar at night but we swiftly found another route.
All in all it was a fabulous hotel despite the odd little niggles. We loved it. Great location, great staff, can't fault it!! Get it booked!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located 2 km from Torremolinos* 3-storey and 7-storey buildings* 2,500 garden* Separated from beach only by the beachfront promenade* 700 m from Puerto Marina* 700 m from various shops* 8 km from the Malaga airport* 100 m from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Nautilus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Nautilus Torremolinos
- Riu Nautilus Hotel Torremolinos
- Hotel Riu Nautilus Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain